Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My current car is i3, every time I bring in the car to garage , plug-in for charging. There are so many theories to charge only 80% or some percentage but not fully . What is the best practice? Does Tesla have any recommendations?
For the non-LFP battery models (i.e. MYLR and MYP) Tesla recommends not charging to 100% regularly and to usually charge to somewhere around 80% for daily use (there is a setting for this). You can still charge to 100% just prior to setting off on a road trip to extend your range when you need it.

For the SR/SR+ models with LFP batteries, you can always charge to 100% due to the different battery chemistry which doesn't degrade from repeated charging to 100%.

I’m not trying to be argumentative. Really I’m not. Come noon tomorrow, we’ll be a 2 Tesla household sharing one high-powered wall charger. How does that math work really? Because we start charging at super off peak (10pm) and a ~50mi to 244 (~80%) would take 4.5 vs the 6 hrs.

Granted I work from home so I don’t think this will be an issue but I’m sure your response will be more educational for others who drive more often in a 2 Tesla home.
I've got an appointment at the beginning of February to get our second wall connector installed. I'm having it installed in power sharing mode that's going to branch off the existing 60 amp charger circuit.
I really don't prefer to play car swapping spots using one charger when we can just make it easy, permanently.

For the non-LFP battery models (i.e. MYLR and MYP) Tesla recommends not charging to 100% regularly and to usually charge to somewhere around 80% for daily use (there is a setting for this). You can still charge to 100% just prior to setting off on a road trip to extend your range when you need it.

For the SR/SR+ models with LFP batteries, you can always charge to 100% due to the different battery chemistry which doesn't degrade from repeated charging to 100%.
This 👆

Just got this text message from someone from Tesla that has me a bit confused/concerned
Hello this is <Name> from Tesla please reply Y if you want to still take delivery of your model y or N to cancel your order and stop receiving messages
My profile has been complete since end Oct. I suppose this might just be due to my order being an April, 2021 order. Fingers crossed that nothing gets messed up with the order. Unsurprisingly, I have received no response from the person who texted me when I asked what this was about and if everything was okay with my order 😄

Just got this text message from someone from Tesla that has me a bit confused/concerned

My profile has been complete since end Oct. I suppose this might just be due to my order being an April, 2021 order. Fingers crossed that nothing gets messed up with the order. Unsurprisingly, I have received no response from the person who texted me when I asked what this was about and if everything was okay with my order 😄
April! Did you put on hold a few times? Or just very unlucky?

Reactions: EvEv
Hubby drives 50miles to work so it’s 100mi/day for him here (OC to downtown LA). We’re an
Edge case obviously.
So during the week he's going to drive 500 miles so somehow, someway he needs 20 hours on the charger during the week. In general terms that doesn't sound too difficult but of course I don't know all the other details. If he starts the week with 300 miles he really only needs about 10 hours to 'get by' if you can get back to full over the weekend.

So during the week he's going to drive 500 miles so somehow, someway he needs 20 hours on the charger during the week. In general terms that doesn't sound too difficult but of course I don't know all the other details. If he starts the week with 300 miles he really only needs about 10 hours to 'get by' if you can get back to full over the weekend.
He charges nightly. He won’t play around with the range like that if there’s accidents or traffic. This is Southern California after all…

Reactions: PatrickTM and Wigan
I've got an appointment at the beginning of February to get our second wall connector installed. I'm having it installed in power sharing mode that's going to branch off the existing 60 amp charger circuit.
I really don't prefer to play car swapping spots using one charger when we can just make it easy, permanently.
I'm buying a new house in a few months and when I put in my charging there I'm going to try to find a way to place it so it can handle either car. But worst case one car would be getting 25 mph and the other 4/5 from a normal plug. The other car is a PHEV with 45 mile range so it's no big deal if we have to exceed the charge every now and then.

But, we're retired and generally don't put big mileage demands on the car--we NEVER exceed even that little 45 mile range unless we're literally taking a trip somewhere--and now that will happen in the Tesla anyhow.

It's all so situation specific.

Reactions: PatrickTM
April! Did you put on hold a few times? Or just very unlucky?
Nope, the delay was intentional in that I was waiting to see if any EV incentives happened in the new year and I wasn't in a big rush to pick up the car (still working remotely). Based on researching here on TMC, I effectively put my order on a "hold" till end Oct by not completing my profile which was the lazier option for me as it didn't involve trying to get in touch with a human at Tesla to officially put my order on hold 😄. That ended up working well and I completed my profile end October to get back in line and after a few EDD changes have been holding steady at an EDD of Mar 3-31 (details in my signature). Looking forward to picking up my first EV in a couple of months (hopefully). My current cars are 12 and 14 years old and don't even have Bluetooth 😂.

Reactions: PatrickTM and EvEv

Thanks, isn't it what we see 100% is itself ~90% of total capacity

Make sure its isn't a scam message.. you reply then they call you up and try to pry credit info from you

Reactions: orion2001
I ordered my Model Y LR + tow hitch + FSD on Friday, I am seeing a July delivery time frame. They are currently evaluating my trade in, a 2019 Chevrolet Bolt Premier with the recall complete. I will have to consider their valuation to decide if I want to keep it as a trade in. Sounds like mine might even come from Austin.

When I checked the app on Jan 2, my delivery date went from July to March-April. It took a really long time to load. Then I checked it a few days later and it was back to July. Did this happen to anyone else?
If you’re looking at this forum through your mobile, turn your phone landscape and you’ll see similar EDD roller coasters many of us have had outlined in our signatures.

Is it from the usual Tesla text number. All my Tesla texts seem to be from one number.
I have never got a text from tesla ...... 😢
I thought something was wrong with my account, I never got a text or email from Tesla. My SA ended up sending me a test Text via their system and that has been the only text I got from Tesla