Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never spoke to a SA either... went to a showroom to see if if I could fit in a M3 (barely) tried the Y and loved it . Went home ordered one. Still haven't driven one.
oooh no SA or random Tesla texter? wow, thats tough. I was in that situation from Aug OD to VIN 1 in Nov. When I went to Tesla chat "the person" said to respond to "the text". I thought "the text" came from some autobot... but they respond, even with an emoji...I'm assuming it its a person or maybe darn good A.I. :oops: !

• Funny
Reactions: leaftoy
oooh no SA or random Tesla texter? wow, thats tough. I was in that situation from Aug OD to VIN 1 in Nov. When I went to Tesla chat "the person" said to respond to "the text". I thought "the text" came from some autobot... but they respond, even with an emoji...I'm assuming it its a person or maybe darn good A.I. :oops: !
Is guessing they open your account and send a text via there. So anyone looks will see the text and replies. Sort of like comments in your account. My company’s CSM software does something similar

Reactions: eeee-meeee
When I checked the app on Jan 2, my delivery date went from July to March-April. It took a really long time to load. Then I checked it a few days later and it was back to July. Did this happen to anyone else?
Its been happening for years now. I suspect that hopeful delivery dates makes customers keep their orders. So they move them up and back and up and back.

It’s cruel.

Got VINned today!!! EDD changed this morning to 2/6-2/20, and the VIN popped up this evening. EDD is now 1/26- 2/1.

358XXX. Which, oddly, is a lower number than I am seeing on the forums. Hopefully, it will have the AMD chip and other upgrades. Fingers crossed!
Hi. Where did the VIN pop up? My EDD range is coming up soon, and the SA has emailed me to tell me the car is in the queue to be built, but I'm not sure where to look for the VIN.

I saw a few posts a few pages back about charging in a multi tesla home and installing 2 charges, planning charging times etc. We'll become a 2 MY home this saturday and there's a solution already in place. When I placed the order for our second MY in July, I wondered how we'd solve being able to charge at the same time and how convenient it would be for one car to charge and then we'd have to somehow come switch the cars in the middle of the night or have my wife plug my car in when she leaves for work in the morning and hope the 1hr charging before I have to leave is enough. Well, long story short, I found a company called NeoCharge that solved this problem. They have 14-50 splitter that allows you to plug in 2 EVs into 1 14-50 outlet and both cars will charge overnight. Yes, you will be limited to a 24A current but overnight, you'll be good. It is the same price as a tesla charger at almost $500. You just have to make sure your outlet is close enough so you can reach both cars.

I don't work for them, neither am I affiliated with them. Just sharing a possible solution.

Just got this text message from someone from Tesla that has me a bit confused/concerned

My profile has been complete since end Oct. I suppose this might just be due to my order being an April, 2021 order. Fingers crossed that nothing gets messed up with the order. Unsurprisingly, I have received no response from the person who texted me when I asked what this was about and if everything was okay with my order 😄
I'm pretty sure it's an automated text. I received something similar. Did you respond with Y ?

I saw a few posts a few pages back about charging in a multi tesla home and installing 2 charges, planning charging times etc. We'll become a 2 MY home this saturday and there's a solution already in place. When I placed the order for our second MY in July, I wondered how we'd solve being able to charge at the same time and how convenient it would be for one car to charge and then we'd have to somehow come switch the cars in the middle of the night or have my wife plug my car in when she leaves for work in the morning and hope the 1hr charging before I have to leave is enough. Well, long story short, I found a company called NeoCharge that solved this problem. They have 14-50 splitter that allows you to plug in 2 EVs into 1 14-50 outlet and both cars will charge overnight. Yes, you will be limited to a 24A current but overnight, you'll be good. It is the same price as a tesla charger at almost $500. You just have to make sure your outlet is close enough so you can reach both cars.

I don't work for them, neither am I affiliated with them. Just sharing a possible solution.
When we got our WC installed I asked the electrician about possibly adding a second WC if the wife gets on board the EV wagon. He explained that the WC's have software power sharing for up to 3 WC's on one circuit. Pretty pleased about that as the wife finally wants either a MX or MY so we'll be upgrading the garage eventually to two WC's.

I've been looking at the NeoCharge as well (wife has a M3, I'm getting a MY), and will probably pull the trigger on it. My EDD is currently April - if you happen to install the NeoCharge do us all a solid and post a review. ;)

When we got our WC installed I asked the electrician about possibly adding a second WC if the wife gets on board the EV wagon. He explained that the WC's have software power sharing for up to 3 WC's on one circuit. Pretty pleased about that as the wife finally wants either a MX or MY so we'll be upgrading the garage eventually to two WC's.
That's another option. Your route is the ultimate option. We did 1 WC and will use the 14-50 adapter for the other one. The WC with 24' cable helps with reaching the other car from the location of our outlet, that's the only reason we did a WC.
But if someone has the 14-50 adapter, an outlet that can reach either car and 2 EVs, the splitter saves them from having to buy the WCs.

I've been looking at the NeoCharge as well (wife has a M3, I'm getting a MY), and will probably pull the trigger on it. My EDD is currently April - if you happen to install the NeoCharge do us all a solid and post a review. ;)
Sure thing. I've had it sitting in the box for a month now, but once the second MY comes in, I'll give it a shot and see how it works and let you know.

Reactions: PatrickTM
That's another option. Your route is the ultimate option. We did 1 WC and will use the 14-50 adapter for the other one. The WC with 24' cable helps with reaching the other car from the location of our outlet, that's the only reason we did a WC.
But if someone has the 14-50 adapter, an outlet that can reach either car and 2 EVs, the splitter saves them from having to buy the WCs.
We're pretty much going the Tesla WC route purely for home value purposes. Look at home listings, when there's a Tesla WC installed in a garage, it's usually one of the first things mentioned at the front of the description in huge letters exclaiming "THIS HOUSE IS TESLA READY"... meanwhile, atleast in our area, finding a house with a NEMA installed and identified in a description is impossible unless the home owner wrote the description themselves, a realtor doesn't know a NEMA from a regular wall outlet.

Got VINned today!!! EDD changed this morning to 2/6-2/20, and the VIN popped up this evening. EDD is now 1/26- 2/1.

358XXX. Which, oddly, is a lower number than I am seeing on the forums. Hopefully, it will have the AMD chip and other upgrades. Fingers crossed!
Mine is 367xxx got confirmed from SA(Text) that it has AMD Ryzen and 12v Li-ion battery. SA also confirmed Anyone's receiving AMD Ryzen will receive 12v Li-ion battery... since yours's is close, could be same

Yup, responded with a Y. Then a separate text with a question. Didn't hear any message either ways
ah okay. I think they use some sort of messaging gateway from a vendor like Twilio - in fact, I'm 99% sure they use Twilio. So with those it can be a hybrid of automated and some human sending it. it can even appear to come from the same number with those services. When I got a text from a person at the call center, it also came from that number.