Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't ordered it yet, but this is likely what I will do. Whole kit.
$450 for a donut ? I have had so many spares fail on me during the first use that they are useless.
I'll likely do what I did with my Scion and get a full size spare. Jack airpump & repair kit will sit nicely in one of the under storage compartments.spare will go in back for long trips and stay in the garage for everything local..

You can pick up a spare rim on-line or in the junkyard for cheap and place a real tire on it which isn't speed restricted so you have have a permant replacement if needed.

Reactions: DrGriz
$450 for a donut ? I have had so many spares fail on me during the first use that they are useless.
I'll likely do what I did with my Scion and get a full size spare. Jack airpump & repair kit will sit nicely in one of the under storage compartments.spare will go in back for long trips and stay in the garage for everything local..

You can pick up a spare rim on-line or in the junkyard for cheap and place a real tire on it which isn't speed restricted so you have have a permant replacement if needed.
This is also a strong consideration. I grind my teeth over the cost of this. Have you picked out a jack?

This is also a strong consideration. I grind my teeth over the cost of this. Have you picked out a jack?
I am waiting for my car first.Wanted to measure the ground clearance with a jacking puck installed with a flat tire

Any 1.5-2 ton sissor jack will do as long as it is small enough to get under the tesla while it has a flat with a puck installed and opens enough to get the wheel off .

I am waiting for my car first.Wanted to measure the ground clearance with a jacking puck installed with a flat tire

Any 1.5-2 ton sissor jack will do as long as it is small enough to get under the tesla while it has a flat with a puck installed and opens enough to get the wheel off .
That was my thought as well. Make sure the jack will fit.

Reactions: in2survive
I have the same dilemma, I find ~$400 way too expensive and I don’t really want to give up that much space while travelling. I was thinking a repair kit with a small electric pump. Having said that, I had 2, maybe 3 flats in 20 years. But statistically, I should be getting one soon! LOL

I have the same dilemma, I find ~$400 way too expensive and I don’t really want to give up that much space while travelling. I was thinking a repair kit with a small electric pump. Having said that, I had 2, maybe 3 flats in 20 years. But statistically, I should be getting one soon! LOL
Nail holes are much more common for us, but mostly they occur locally and I have plenty of time to drive home or to the tire place and deal with it. I can count the need for a spare on 2 fingers in 25 years.

Reactions: cusetownusa
Nail holes are much more common for us, but mostly they occur locally and I have plenty of time to drive home or to the tire place and deal with it. I can count the need for a spare on 2 fingers in 25 years.
After doing some reading here, I realized the spare kit (with the sealant) doesn’t work with the tiers because of the noise damping foam. So probably just a pump to top it up if required.

Reactions: samori01
Reactions: samori01
Congrats. My order date is 9/26. EDD shifted from Feb 20 to generic June month.
Hang in there, even my EDD fluctuated a bit. But in the end the intial estmate of end of feb which was at the time of ordering ended up being the most accurate atleast in my case. May be you'll see a Austin made VIN. Looks like it's fairly soon going by the latest updates.

Reactions: BGOwner
I love that wrap. Is that the stealth? I'm considering that for my Y being delivered in June. May I ask what it cost?
Yes it is XPEL Stealth, unfortunately not cheap. For everything the full PPF, Tint, also XPEL, (Prime Plus) on all windows, roof and rear, as well as stealth kit on front and rear lights just over 7k. Workmanship was excellent. Customer service was great as well. Did it at Mario's Tint Shop in Murfreesboro (about 25-30 min outside of Nashville). Great to work with. Highly recommend if you are in the area.

First I've read/seen this....
I had not been aware of anyone mentioning it either. Must be new then:

1645489242105.png