Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD updated this morning with a 2-week window of May 31 - June 14!!

OD: March 7
EDD 1: May 11 - June 14
Current EDD: May 31 - June 14
MYP white/black no tow no FSD

I’m excited!!
Happy for you, but gotta say, not loving seeing these March OD's getting a reduced window and delivery set up while those of us that ordered back at such a date say as November 10, 2021 are getting pushed out.

No. MYLR. It is in my sig line but no worries, not everyone reads those. Had an EDD of March at one point. Then it hopped all over the place. Latest it got pushed out one more cycle from where it sat a long time at May 9-June 6.
Ah. Yeah I think this is an unintended consequence of all the people switching from LR to P. Tesla knows now that if they make people wait long enough, they’ll pay to get to the front of the line.

No. MYLR. It is in my sig line but no worries, not everyone reads those. Had an EDD of March at one point. Then it hopped all over the place. Latest it got pushed out one more cycle from where it sat a long time at May 9-June 6.
I ordered a LR in September, switched to a MYP in April after getting pushed again. First VIN was crap, 2nd vin should be here in 2 weeks . I don't need a MYP but I did need a car in FEB and I am wearing out my car borrowing credit.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Ah. Yeah I think this is an unintended consequence of all the people switching from LR to P. Tesla knows now that if they make people wait long enough, they’ll pay to get to the front of the line.
Which I say is poor business ethics. Orders should be delivered in order received. But I am sure it was in the fine print when I ordered that that is not how they do it.

As for MYP vs. MYLR for me, I live in rural mountainous Idaho, where it snows in winter, and want the additional ground clearance and smaller wheels. a MYP makes absolutely no sense for me.

What do you mean by first VIN was crap?
Meaning 3 doors were out of alignment ( one didn't close all the way) . I told the SC I would accept it as long as they repaired it first but I wasn't going to hit accept first (it is paid in full). . They told me they would contact me during the week . They didn't contact me at all they just released the VIN so they either wouldn't or couldn't fix it.

Last edited:
I ordered a PMY on 5/11 my initial EDD is shown as July 8th - Sept 28th. Given Sept is the last month of a quarter I figure that would be the earliest I'd see it. But if it slips into Q4 then all bets are off. Maybe a Christmas present. My only hope is I'm rewarded with some new features being added like the new door cards, rear door laminated glass, and cargo security cover.

Which I say is poor business ethics. Orders should be delivered in order received. But I am sure it was in the fine print when I ordered that that is not how they do it.

As for MYP vs. MYLR for me, I live in rural mountainous Idaho, where it snows in winter, and want the additional ground clearance and smaller wheels. a MYP makes absolutely no sense for me.
Probably I'm preaching to the choir, but I think with a Model Y true winter tires are a necessity if you deal with real winter conditions.

I found that my Model Y steering feel is a bit more isolated and disconnected than what I've been used to with older cars. Just a tad less communication through the steering wheel.

Did anyone's order just get placed on hold? Mine just got placed on hold automatically for some reason.
Mine was placed on hold automatically and I clicked I'm ready. I called and they just said I should expect a vin soon that's why (guess they checking if I still wanted the car after waiting so long). I also got an email saying if I don't release the hold or put a hold again they would cancel. The next day I got VIN and I pick it up next Monday.

Probably I'm preaching to the choir, but I think with a Model Y true winter tires are a necessity if you deal with real winter conditions.

I found that my Model Y steering feel is a bit more isolated and disconnected than what I've been used to with older cars. Just a tad less communication through the steering wheel.
Winter tires for sure. I was fortunate to snag 4 of 6 Hakkapeliittas the day they came into SLC just when we got our car. They never got even 2 more, so anyone looking for snow tires, don't dawdle next fall when the new crop comes in! The 1 or so inches extra of clearance between the stock LR and the Performance is go or no many times when there's a fresh storm here in the mountains. So I never considered a P either.

Winter tires for sure. I was fortunate to snag 4 of 6 Hakkapeliittas the day they came into SLC just when we got our car. They never got even 2 more, so anyone looking for snow tires, don't dawdle next fall when the new crop comes in! The 1 or so inches extra of clearance between the stock LR and the Performance is go or no many times when there's a fresh storm here in the mountains. So I never considered a P either.
Are those studded Hakka’s? You get a little more snow, or at least a little more often, than we do here in SV/Hailey, but when the snow is here, and when it gets compacted down into ice on the local roads around here for a few weeks sometimes, it is nice to have the good tires. I had Hakkas on my old Alfa, when it was my daily driver, and though it is a rear wheel sports sedan, it did ok with good tires and careful driving. My wife’s old Rabbit convertible, FWD, with studded tires, did even better, other than that car was easily high centered on snow plow ridges on the edges of roads, etc., if you were not paying attention. Same with my Passat TDI.

They are the Studded Hakka 10s. They made a HUGE difference, especially on ice/hard compacted snow and even slush. I got to drive enough on the Contis :eek: that it was instant gratification.

They are the non-insulated version and in retrospect I probably would have gotten the insulated EV version had it been available. They are a little noisy below 30 mph on dry pavement. Above that speed it doesn't matter.

Mine was placed on hold automatically and I clicked I'm ready. I called and they just said I should expect a vin soon that's why (guess they checking if I still wanted the car after waiting so long). I also got an email saying if I don't release the hold or put a hold again they would cancel. The next day I got VIN and I pick it up next Monday.
This happened to me as well, though it was on Wednesday. I clicked I’m ready immediately and my EDD reverted to what it was before. Interestingly, in the evening I then received an email telling me that if I didn’t unhold, I would forfeit the order.
My EDd is still July to sep with no ViN.

Did your EDD update after you hit im ready? And do you have a very early OD? Mine is from last year!

There email actually said “excited to deliver your Model Y at your earliest convenience”…. So maybe I will get a vin sooner?