Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are the Studded Hakka 10s. They made a HUGE difference, especially on ice/hard compacted snow and even slush. I got to drive enough on the Contis :eek: that it was instant gratification.

They are the non-insulated version and in retrospect I probably would have gotten the insulated EV version had it been available. They are a little noisy below 30 mph on dry pavement. Above that speed it doesn't matter.
Well, that is what I will probably go for then. Likely the insulated EV version (first I heard of that) if I can find them. If I’m getting winter tires, no sense skimping. I may get a second set of wheels too, but if I see the tires, will buy as soon as I find them, considering availability issues.

They are the Studded Hakka 10s. They made a HUGE difference, especially on ice/hard compacted snow and even slush. I got to drive enough on the Contis :eek: that it was instant gratification.

They are the non-insulated version and in retrospect I probably would have gotten the insulated EV version had it been available. They are a little noisy below 30 mph on dry pavement. Above that speed it doesn't matter.
Hey, did you get your Nokian’s through Discount Tire in Boise? Looks like they carry them. Thinking I may call them and just see if I can reserve a set for when they become available.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Bruneel in McCall because they carry Nokians. They got them from their SLC warehouse when they came in. There are on line places that carry them as well, maybe for a little less, but these guys mounted them and will swap them for free since I bought from them, so I figured it was worth paying a tad more.
And supporting local is always good in my book.

Mine did as well this Wednesday. Anything come from y holding? Like an earlier EDD?
Mine got automatic hold as well on Thursday 5/12, I released the hold and EDD stayed same 6/28-8/9, BUT this morning EDD pushed out to 7/28-9/8!
My OD is 2/15/2021 on hold till 9/29/2021 due to lease of my vehicle at the time, I ended up purchasing the lease vehicle while waiting for my Model 3 RWD.

Last edited:
Mine got automatic hold as well on Thursday 5/12, I released the hold and EDD stayed same 6/28-8/9, BUT this morning EDD pushed out to 7/28-9/8!
My OD is 2/15/2021 on hold till 9/29/2021 due to lease of my vehicle at the time, I ended up purchasing the lease vehicle while waiting for my Model 3 RWD.
Damn that may not bode well for me. My EDD updates tend to be a couple days behind from what I typically see here on tmc. Just curious did you get an email as well?

Mine did as well this Wednesday. Anything come from y holding? Like an earlier EDD?
+ @Jkwan @JJ777 @Payjack

So Thursday night (12 May) at 9:01PM I received a Tesla email alarmingly titled "Your Upcoming Model Y Order Cancellation RN..." so I immediately clicked the "I'm Ready" button. The EDD did not change, still at Jun 28 to Aug 09. Seems like an effort to weed out the order backlog and nudge some folks to cancel their orders, particularly those super old orders among us that secured very low prices. Here's my order history so far:

25 Jun 2021: ordered
1 Dec 2021: taken off off hold, EDD TBD
22 Jan: May 1 to May 29
22 Feb: Jun 11 to July 09
4 May: Jun 28 to Aug 09
12 May: automatically placed on hold, cancellation email sent at 9:01PM
12 May: taken off hold, Jun 28 to Aug 09

For those who don't know, this will be my second Model Y, to be primarily kept at my mother's residence for her to use as needed, and obviously a car for me and my wife to use when we're there.

Any issues using autopilot on studded tires when there's there's dry pavement for the car to see the lanes?

I don't have first hand experience with studded tires, but heard that autopilot may be calibrated for friction tires and can do some wonky stuff while driving on studded.

Any issues using autopilot on studded tires when there's there's dry pavement for the car to see the lanes?

I don't have first hand experience with studded tires, but heard that autopilot may be calibrated for friction tires and can do some wonky stuff while driving on studded.
Not that I noticed. Probably drove 1500 miles on them, unfortunately bare roads (who knew).

Finally got an official delivery date. Boise, June 7, noon! I tried to schedule at various times over the weekend, but the scheduling system kept saying no appointments available, and the toll free line you are referred to either couldn’t help yet, or was not taking calls at the time. Meanwhile, I was getting messages and emails urging me to schedule my appointment or my order would be put on hold and car given away to the next person. Argh! The people I have worked with have been great. The system needs work.

In fact, I might just get the part, used if I can find it, hook power up to it and get it to the position of positive lumbar support I like (usually full on), make sure it locks out there, and install the thing and not even worry about a control to change it. It will just be permanent support on that side. That is how my vehicles roll anyway. And will look better and be less of a hassle than the pillows you buy.

EDD update. Was June 28 to August 09, now July 18 to August 22. 20-day slip. Still a 35-day spread.

Here is the full EDD history, so far:

1 Dec: taken off hold, TBD
22 Jan: May 01 to May 29; 28-day spread
22 Feb: June 11 to July 09; 28-day spread
4 May: June 28to August 09; 35-day spread
12 May: inexplicably placed on hold, email sent at 9:01PM
12 May: taken off hold again, back to June 28 to August 09; same 35-day spread
1 June (today): July 18 - August 22; 35-day spread

EDD update. Was June 28 to August 09, now July 18 to August 22. 20-day slip. Still a 35-day spread.

Here is the full EDD history, so far:

1 Dec: taken off hold, TBD
22 Jan: May 01 to May 29; 28-day spread
22 Feb: June 11 to July 09; 28-day spread
4 May: June 28to August 09; 35-day spread
12 May: inexplicably placed on hold, email sent at 9:01PM
12 May: taken off hold again, back to June 28 to August 09; same 35-day spread
1 June (today): July 18 - August 22; 35-day spread
@PatrickTM can't believe I still see you here! Hoping your window starts to narrow soon!

My wife can't decide between taking my MY and me ordering a MS or ordering a MX for her and I hold onto the MY. Either way we'll soon be back in the waiting game.

@PatrickTM can't believe I still see you here! Hoping your window starts to narrow soon!

My wife can't decide between taking my MY and me ordering a MS or ordering a MX for her and I hold onto the MY. Either way we'll soon be back in the waiting game.
Thank you! This is going to be my second Model Y, so really I am in no rush. And I think a Model S would be a fantastic addition.

Reactions: ajs847
Thank you! This is going to be my second Model Y, so really I am in no rush. And I think a Model S would be a fantastic addition.
Yes, I am leaning toward that option as well... I need to persuade my wife that the $40k premium for the Plaid is worth it in order to get it sooner and obviously the speed is enticing too.

In 8 months I've put less than 4k miles on my MY so it's still pretty new.