TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Current Insurance Recommendations - Bay Area

Discussion in 'California' started by IGotEastBay, May 10, 2017.

1. IGotEastBay

IGotEastBay Member

Who are Model S owners using for insurance in the Bay Area? We pick up our new 75D tomorrow and are looking to make a jump from our current insurance (State Farm) because their quote to add to our existing home/auto policy (two older ICE cars) was expensive (over a $1k for six months for the Tesla alone). We're looking to have home, auto and ideally umbrella insurance in one policy. We are also low milage, driving about 7,500 miles between my wife and me combined.

I was all set to switch to Ameriprise via Costco after hearing great things about their pricing and customer service. I worked with one of their sales guys, gave him all our info, got a quote for all 3 products that was great and basically had an agreement that we were going to move forward with the plan when he was in the office the next day (today). Then I started getting a series emails with different (higher) rates than what we discussed with no additional information. Finally, I got him on the phone and he told me they wouldn't do our home policy and that caused the rates to go up. I'm sure it was just awful communication by the sales guy and the reasoning was legit, but the whole experience seemed super shady.

Anyway...Any recommendations on who to try would be appreciated. I have 14 days. :)

2. DOCAL

DOCAL Member

I switched from State Farm to GEICO when I got my S75D - was very happy with State Farm, but their price for a Tesla was crazy.

3. Blup85

Blup85 Member

Switched to Gieco. Have never done a claim with them, but I went through some really painful issues thru buying private party (not sellers fault, but the sellers bank) and Gieco was awesome in being flexible and thier electronic documents and service call center was really great. The tesla is also cheaper than my 10yr old Truck..

4. enthusiast

enthusiast Member

Wawanesa, nuff said! Only stipulation is you must not have accidents or tickets within the last 3 years

5. Randaddy

Randaddy Member

+1 for Wawanesa. I've had them for at least 8 years and shop around annually, still haven't found anyone that can beat their price. 2 claims filed and both have been smooth.

6. EinSV

EinSV Active Member

I checked with 4 or 5 insurers and got a great deal from Progressive. I would recommend checking with several insurers yourself as there seem to be differences from customer to customer on who gives the best price

7. jphelps74

jphelps74 Member

I use esurance, Rates are really low I think. I pay $366 every 6 Months.

Attached Files:

• 001.png
      001.png
      File size:
      122.1 KB
      Views:
    • 002.png
      002.png
      File size:
      118.2 KB
      Views:
    • 003.png