Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Insurance Recommendations - Bay Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who are Model S owners using for insurance in the Bay Area? We pick up our new 75D tomorrow and are looking to make a jump from our current insurance (State Farm) because their quote to add to our existing home/auto policy (two older ICE cars) was expensive (over a $1k for six months for the Tesla alone). We're looking to have home, auto and ideally umbrella insurance in one policy. We are also low milage, driving about 7,500 miles between my wife and me combined.

I was all set to switch to Ameriprise via Costco after hearing great things about their pricing and customer service. I worked with one of their sales guys, gave him all our info, got a quote for all 3 products that was great and basically had an agreement that we were going to move forward with the plan when he was in the office the next day (today). Then I started getting a series emails with different (higher) rates than what we discussed with no additional information. Finally, I got him on the phone and he told me they wouldn't do our home policy and that caused the rates to go up. I'm sure it was just awful communication by the sales guy and the reasoning was legit, but the whole experience seemed super shady.

Anyway...Any recommendations on who to try would be appreciated. I have 14 days. :)

Switched to Gieco. Have never done a claim with them, but I went through some really painful issues thru buying private party (not sellers fault, but the sellers bank) and Gieco was awesome in being flexible and thier electronic documents and service call center was really great. The tesla is also cheaper than my 10yr old Truck..

I checked with 4 or 5 insurers and got a great deal from Progressive. I would recommend checking with several insurers yourself as there seem to be differences from customer to customer on who gives the best price

I use esurance, Rates are really low I think. I pay $366 every 6 Months.

Attachments

• 001.png
    001.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 002.png
    002.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 003.png
    003.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 109