Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current lead time on HPWC / available at service centers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shot myself in the foot; solar install and EV install was supposed to happen concurrently. They scheduled me faster than expected, while I was waiting for the Signature Edition HPWC that has no timeframe for delivery. It sounds like the permits are tied together so they can't get the solar signed off till the EV charger is in.

Just ordered a HPWC yesterday morning at the Tesla shop; no ETA on delivery though. I've emailed them a few times, no response yet. Called the local service center a couple of times to see if they stock them, no response yet.

Bit of an urgent matter to figure out when to schedule my installers. I feel bad hammering Tesla on this one since it's really my fault, just wish I could get an estimate -- or know when I'll hear back, at least.

Wondering if I should just pick up something, anything, a clipper creek or something, to have them install on Monday and then just wait for the Signature one to show up.

Have the electrician put in a 14-50 with appropriate 6awg wire? Good for 48A out of your HPWC once you are ready to swap it out (along with a 60A breaker). You can hang your mobile cable there if the inspector claims it isn't an EV charger. :D

Yeah, I've got another thread going for this right now. That's right, I'm the jerk shotgunning anxious questions all over the place :(

What NEMA plug/outlet wiring is closest to HPWC (for later upgrade?)

I think I'm speaking with the project manager for my solar company, not the electrician, so it's a bit hard to figure out what exactly the permit allows/requires. :-/ Hate the idea of delaying inspection and the like, especially if they push my EV install by (say) a week and it turns out to be an unnecessary delay. But in the end, likely none of this stuff matters at all... in the long run.

I ordered mine on the 14th, got an invoice and tracking info on the 16th, and it was delivered the 23rd(yesterday). I think the delay for the invoice and tracking was just because I ordered on the weekend.

Thanks, that gives me some confidence, thanks. I've also heard of folks not getting tracking numbers at all, and they just show up. The high volume of 3s being delivered to customers might start putting pressure on HPWC supplies though :) Where did it come from? And/or where do you live? I know my 10-30 adapter and wheel cap kit came from Fremont so it only took a day to deliver.

One thing to check on is the federal tax credit for solar installations. I was told that if the HPWC was installed along with the solar installation, it would all qualify for the 30% credit. But if the HPWC was installed separately, it would not.

One thing to check on is the federal tax credit for solar installations. I was told that if the HPWC was installed along with the solar installation, it would all qualify for the 30% credit. But if the HPWC was installed separately, it would not.

Good advice. I'm using the same company so I should be set. I'll consider it part of the same "project" regardless; it's on the same bill, anyway.

Thx for the advice all, I was worried for nothing. Ordered monday AM, got ship notice tuesday evening, it'll be here Thursday. Wouldn't be surprised if they start lagging eventually with all the 3s going out the door, but for now ship time is fast.

Still no sign of the signature edition HPWC; I'll be swapping the grey one for the black one.. some day.

Reactions: eprosenx