Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current lease ending May 5th....when should I order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Jeep GC that I will be turning in on May 5th. I want to oder a M3 LR and want a ballpark of when I should order.

I will not mind having the 3 vehicles for a short amount of time.....but would hate to have to turn my Jeep in and not have a car.

Thanks

If Tesla follows their current production schedule, they will build cars for international deliveries in April. They will begin building cars for the east coast in early May but they may not arrive on the east coast until the third of fourth week of May. So it may be difficult to expect an east coast delivery on the first week of May. I would just place the order April 1 but anticipate having to extend your lease for a month or coming up with an alternate vehicle until you take delivery.

If Tesla follows their current production schedule, they will build cars for international deliveries in April. They will begin building cars for the east coast in early May but they may not arrive on the east coast until the third of fourth week of May. So it may be difficult to expect an east coast delivery on the first week of May. I would just place the order April 1 but anticipate having to extend your lease for a month or coming up with an alternate vehicle until you take delivery.

I am going to go talk to them in a few weeks....maybe a March order might make sense.