Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Model 3 delivery timing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any info on the current wait time for delivery after placing an order? On the Tesla website when I select Model 3 long range dual motor, the website initially says "Estimated delivery 2-3 weeks". But if I click on that and enter the zip code for Chicago, a new window opens that shows 8-12 week wait for all models. Is a two to three month wait typical? I'd like to receive my model 3 in early summer and I'm not sure if I should go ahead and order it now.

Does anyone have any info on the current wait time for delivery after placing an order? On the Tesla website when I select Model 3 long range dual motor, the website initially says "Estimated delivery 2-3 weeks". But if I click on that and enter the zip code for Chicago, a new window opens that shows 8-12 week wait for all models. Is a two to three month wait typical? I'd like to receive my model 3 in early summer and I'm not sure if I should go ahead and order it now.
This is because of the way tesla makes their cars. Since the end of the Quarter is this month, if you order it now you may or may not get it by the end of march. However once March ends they will start producing cars for the EU again and will not make more for the US until halfway through the next quarter.

Long story short unless you get an inventory car you will probably be waiting more like 12 weeks if you wait to order. if you order now you will probably get delivery end of March

I am in Texas. I ordered LR on 1/30 and getting delivery today - 40 days.

Long story short unless you get an inventory car you will probably be waiting more like 12 weeks if you wait to order. if you order now you will probably get delivery end of March

I too have the same question...On this past Sunday, it was still showing 2-3 weeks then starting yesterday it shows 8-12 weeks...So then if I order today, would I still be able to get it by end of March or it all depends on if I can get a spot quick enough?

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV
I guess if it took 10 days in NY then it confirms my issue isn't because of the stupid Texas auto dealer laws.[/QUOTE

I live in NH but actually bought my car in MA because of stupid NH dealer laws. Tesla doesn't have a license to sell here. I got lucky and found the exact car that I wanted in their inventory. The paperwork was still a mess, but I got the car quickly and it was worth it.