Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Model S Roof Rack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - I am considering a new model S but would like to occasional fit a roof rack.

doing a quick search it appears different racks for different roof types but the current configuration doesn’t give roof options?

is it possible to fit a roof rack to the latest model?

thanks in advance.

regards

Yes, the current all-glass roof rack has a Tesla rack option but personally I’ve gone for Monkey Bars from SeeSucker. Very secure, no need to use film to protect the paint as with the Tesla factory option.

Attachments

• D71DDE51-7C3D-4023-89F0-79D5D8E59D32.jpeg
    D71DDE51-7C3D-4023-89F0-79D5D8E59D32.jpeg
    533 KB · Views: 1,284
  • Informative
Reactions: MJP.P3D- and SimonT
I have a seasucker mini bomber, and love it. Installs quickly, and removes even quicker. Downsides are that you should clean the surface of your car before you mount it, and security(anyone can remove it quickly). So you will find that if you drive to the park to ride your bike, you will take the seasucker off when you get there, and have to remount before you leave.
If I don't need access to the rear hatch on the S, I will mount my mini bomber on the back edge of the roof glass, so that the rear wheel is supported by the trunk lid. I notice alot less wind noise this way.

Reactions: gbailey