TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Current owner appetite for a Model 3

Discussion in 'Model S' started by EMP40, Mar 17, 2016.

?

What percentage of Model S owners will be reserving a Model 3?

Poll closed Apr 16, 2016.
  1. Most definitely will right away

37 vote(s)
    56.9%
  2. May eventually

19 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Most likely will not

9 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. EMP40

EMP40 Member

Really curious just how many owners will be reserving Model 3s

2. P85DBeast

P85DBeast 3 Model S!! 85D,P85D,P100D

I may end up doing it if I like the design butt...... if its looks like a Toyota yaris count me out but Tesla never fails to impress me with the designs of their vehicles so dont let me down this time Tesla please......:p

3. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

I am very happy with my Model S, it was also a big financial hit. I am looking at the Model 3 for my kids, as I promised myself not to allow them to become ICE smokers, at least while I am still bankrolling them.

4. alexdav

alexdav Member

My plan is to trade in my 90D at the end of the lease and get into a Model 3 P#DL.

5. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

I will likely get one for my son once he is out of college to replace the aging Altima, but a lot depends on where he ends up working.

6. cschock

cschock Member

We're planning on getting a Model 3 to replace our 2005 VW Jetta "clean" Diesel. Yeah, I wonder if I will have to pay someone to haul that thing away...

7. victusw

victusw Member

Will definitely consider if "Free lifetime use of SC" applies.

8. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Will reserve one on the 31st but I'm 50/50 whether I'll be willing to trade in my 2013 classic 85.

9. KJD

KJD Member

I really want to see the production version before I make that decision. The model S is pretty close to perfection for me, so no big hurry to buy something else.

10. wraithnot

wraithnot Model S VIN #5785

We currently have a Model S and a leased BMW i3 BEV. The i3 was always planned as a stop gap until the Model 3 was available. The lease is up in late 2017 so we are definitely planning to head to the Corte Madera mall at 10 am to put in our reservation. I imagine the Model S will remain our family road trip car while the Model 3 will be a much more capable commuting car than the range-challenged i3 BEV while being easier to park in San Francisco than the S.

11. grichard

grichard Member De-Luxe

I don't think I'd buy any vehicle in its first year of production, let alone something as novel as the Model 3. Might well buy one eventually, but I'll wait until a few tens of thousands have come down the assembly line. (See also: A-packs, drive units, falcon wing doors...)

12. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

I dunno - I might. Will reserve but don't know if I'll buy - I think Model 3 will be an awesome car but I think I'm past my days of enjoying compact cars as daily drivers.

13. donv

donv Member

I might reserve one, but not to replace my S. Both my wife and my kids have expressed interest, and given Tesla time, my son (senior in high school this year) may well have graduated from college by the time it ships.