Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current real world 0-60 times vs. advertised for all models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why?

They don't even sell the MR and LR anymore.

(well, I think they maybe brought the LR back just for china, but not elsewhere)
Because I have an LR RWD, of course! haha ;)

Seeing as all RWD owners are getting better than advertised 0-60, there is nothing really to complain about but the improvements for SR+ (5.3 > 5.0) and MR (5.6/5.2 > 4.9?) have been larger than LR which has only improved by maybe 0.1 from advertised.

As you pointed out, there is no incentive for them to improve discontinued models but the MR seems to have received substantial improvements since being discontinued while LR has not.

• Funny
Reactions: richyrich
I second this request. I have a LeMR and would like to see some official numbers, I have seen a lot of improvement since purchase but no numbers to back it up. Elon even tweeted someone back in December implying there may be an acceleration boost for us at some point but that still hasn’t materialized.

Do you have the tweet from Elon on boost for the MR3?

July Dragy data. Some of these P3Ds have 18” wheels and 100 lb weigh reductions.

Attachments

• 4295EDB0-933D-4F0B-BA35-2E01B418C728.jpeg
    4295EDB0-933D-4F0B-BA35-2E01B418C728.jpeg
    672.8 KB · Views: 100
That's great info and I'd be very interested to see what the 2020 TM3 LR AWD and AWD+ look like in the July Dragy data. Can you post that as well please?

Attached. Dragy by default shows time without rollout. In the previous post you can see on individual pages what it looks like with 1-ft rollout. So the previous post with 3.69 (with 1ft rollout) was probably heavier, lower state of charge, going up slight incline, had worse traction, had heavier or bigger diameter wheels compared to other times in my screenshot because the screenshot I had was the fastest times without rollout.

Attachments

• 4B054819-D22A-4BB4-B53C-25382795C86F.jpeg
    4B054819-D22A-4BB4-B53C-25382795C86F.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White
Sooooo, at the risk of looking like a total moron...

What does “roll out” mean.

Thanks.

Specifically it means this: At a drag strip, the car position is measured by breaking a light beam low to the ground (think where the tire is what blocks it). So when cars stage, they try to barely block the beam since the timing will not start until the beam is behind the front tire. So while the tire blocks the beam, the ET clock hasn't started yet even though the car is moving; you can also start moving before the go signal on the christmas tree, as long as you're still blocking the light when the time starts. The 1' rollout is meant to simulate this effect since any time coming from a drag strip have this inherent feature/flaw

Specifically it means this: At a drag strip, the car position is measured by breaking a light beam low to the ground (think where the tire is what blocks it). So when cars stage, they try to barely block the beam since the timing will not start until the beam is behind the front tire. So while the tire blocks the beam, the ET clock hasn't started yet even though the car is moving; you can also start moving before the go signal on the christmas tree, as long as you're still blocking the light when the time starts. The 1' rollout is meant to simulate this effect since any time coming from a drag strip have this inherent feature/flaw

Damn. That was super informative. Thank you. I’m not sure drag racing is big up here in Canada. Maybe it is. Don’t actually know. Kinda cool though.