TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Current RWD orders.....delayed again?!?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by BOBEDIGITL, Jun 27, 2018.

1. BOBEDIGITL

BOBEDIGITL Member

Forgive me if this has been answered but I haven’t been able to find a concrete answer. Have current RWD orders been pushed back 3-5 months or is that timeline only for new orders? I finally placed my order this month but after tonight’s news, it seems like P/AWD drive builds are getting priority. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. spurs10

spurs10 Member

I wanna know as well!

3. Hkbruin

Hkbruin Member

I believe it is for all reservations. I was invited to configure on May 31st but didn’t pull the trigger yet since I am traveling in Asia and wasn’t quite ready to be on the bleeding edge. Now that the deadline to order with lifetime internet connectivity and also the fact that some of the early production issues seem to be sorting itself out, I looked again today. Coinciding with the news of the premium connectivity and opening of orders to more reservation holders, my estimated delivery date range changed from 4-6 weeks to now 3-5 months :( I am now wary that I won’t be getting the full tax credit if the delivery gets pushed too far back. If that is the case I may opt to wait for the shorter range version...

• Like x 1
  4. Hkbruin

Hkbruin Member

Oops, sorry I thought you meant invitations. I did not order the M3 yet, but I will plan on doing so before July 1st.

5. ajfus

ajfus Member

#5 ajfus, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    Placed my order 3 days ago (first production) with 3-6 week delivery which has now been changed to Sept-Nov estimated delivery. Was trying to plan for a lease being up but now may be without a car for up to two months. Very disappointed. (Current Tesla owner and line waiter)

• Helpful x 1
  6. BOBEDIGITL

BOBEDIGITL Member

How do you know your window changed to Sept-Nov?

7. Hotlobstah

Hotlobstah Member

I've gotta believe the timeline changes are a glitch.

8. BOBEDIGITL

BOBEDIGITL Member

I seriously hope so, I was banking on the 3-6 week delivery window after placing my order. I've already extended my lease and its going to be up if they delay another 3-5 months :(

9. spurs10

spurs10 Member

I ordered last Monday, I can’t see my estimated delivery date now. It used to say 4-8 weeks as I am from Canada. In the Facebook group I am in, I see people config few days ago got changed to sept - nov.

10. Hotlobstah

Hotlobstah Member

For real it's messed up...but so messed up that I think they'll change it back to the original timelines.

11. BOBEDIGITL

BOBEDIGITL Member

Where is everyone able to see their timelines?

12. ajfus

ajfus Member

Can go in and look at configured vehicle in MyTesla. Originally said 3-6 weeks when I configured and put down the rest of the deposit. Hoping it reverts back to the original estimate when I placed the order. Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 11.35.58 AM.png

13. eCharcoal

eCharcoal Member

Just when I thought things will really start flying as we approach Q3 and now this? My estimate delivery is Jun – Aug.
    Though I haven’t got an invite yet, I’d be really pissed if Tesla delays my delivery date for 5 months from August to January AFTER I placed my order. I wouldn’t be able to cancel (not that I will) and get my deposit back and I wouldn’t be able to take advantage of the full $7500 credit.
    This is not a good move for Tesla.

14. BOBEDIGITL

BOBEDIGITL Member

Extremely strange. I have no date next to my order. I only have the message " We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date"

15. kengchang

kengchang Member

Most likely is sandbagging the delivery time, so people would stop calling about it.

16. calvinvle

calvinvle Member

Oh wow, I ordered mine 5/1, and I don't have a date on my order. I guess yours really got pushed out 3-5 months.

17. Need

Need Active Member

Well aren't they going to prioritize making of Perf and AWD? So the only RWD M3 available for delivery would be the ones they piled up in stock in June. Once those ran out... everyone will be waiting 3 to 5 months.

18. BOBEDIGITL

BOBEDIGITL Member

Talk about going from the lowest of lows to the highest of highest....I just received an email from an Inside Sales Rep confirming by account info. I responded saying everything was correct. Now just received an email if I can get my 3rd party financing to her ASAP, my car can be at my service center by 6/30 to be delivered to me by 7/3!!!!!! I'm a day one reservation holder (in-store) from SoCal. Hopefully everyone else can get their car and not get delayed!!!

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  19. ratsbew

ratsbew Member

Whew, glad I have a confirmed delivery date so I can avoid this hassle! I understand prioritizing AWD and Perf, but if someone has already ordered then they need to keep close to their original delivery estimate.

20. BOBEDIGITL

BOBEDIGITL Member

Agreed. Hopefully the delays are only for new orders and not for happy that have had existing orders.