Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current RWD orders.....delayed again?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgive me if this has been answered but I haven’t been able to find a concrete answer. Have current RWD orders been pushed back 3-5 months or is that timeline only for new orders? I finally placed my order this month but after tonight’s news, it seems like P/AWD drive builds are getting priority. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I believe it is for all reservations. I was invited to configure on May 31st but didn’t pull the trigger yet since I am traveling in Asia and wasn’t quite ready to be on the bleeding edge. Now that the deadline to order with lifetime internet connectivity and also the fact that some of the early production issues seem to be sorting itself out, I looked again today. Coinciding with the news of the premium connectivity and opening of orders to more reservation holders, my estimated delivery date range changed from 4-6 weeks to now 3-5 months :( I am now wary that I won’t be getting the full tax credit if the delivery gets pushed too far back. If that is the case I may opt to wait for the shorter range version...

Reactions: xcat
Placed my order 3 days ago (first production) with 3-6 week delivery which has now been changed to Sept-Nov estimated delivery. Was trying to plan for a lease being up but now may be without a car for up to two months. Very disappointed. (Current Tesla owner and line waiter)

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: phaduman
Can go in and look at configured vehicle in MyTesla. Originally said 3-6 weeks when I configured and put down the rest of the deposit. Hoping it reverts back to the original estimate when I placed the order.
Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 11.35.58 AM.png

Just when I thought things will really start flying as we approach Q3 and now this? My estimate delivery is Jun – Aug.
Though I haven’t got an invite yet, I’d be really pissed if Tesla delays my delivery date for 5 months from August to January AFTER I placed my order. I wouldn’t be able to cancel (not that I will) and get my deposit back and I wouldn’t be able to take advantage of the full $7500 credit.
This is not a good move for Tesla.

Talk about going from the lowest of lows to the highest of highest....I just received an email from an Inside Sales Rep confirming by account info. I responded saying everything was correct. Now just received an email if I can get my 3rd party financing to her ASAP, my car can be at my service center by 6/30 to be delivered to me by 7/3!!!!!! I'm a day one reservation holder (in-store) from SoCal. Hopefully everyone else can get their car and not get delayed!!!

• Informative
Reactions: GregRF and jgd108