Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current RWD orders.....delayed again?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, it must be a placeholder. They haven't started mass AWD production yet. They hadn't invited anyone new to configure until yesterday. Most people who ordered right away after the last invite are getting deliveries scheduled between now and mid July. If every new order now is saying September to November that would mean 0 cars delivered from late July to the end of August. I think RWD orders from just before or right at the beginning of this invite wave will be delivered by the end of July (although that includes me, so it could be wishful thinking).

I got invite to configure last night (WOOOO!!!) and configured this morning once I got into the office. Mine said 3-5 months as well for RWD version. I chose white with aero wheels.
5 hours later I got an email from a Tesla employee saying my car just finished going through Final Production. ...WHAT?! Already?
We'll see if it's legit or if I got the email by mistake, too soon. Hopefully it's legit!!
Will keep everyone updated.

When Tesla throws a demand lever, line waiters throw in their orders by the tens of thousands. This dramatically skews the delivery dates.

People want to get the exact car of their choice, but when items like charge free dats, eligibility for Federal tax credits, dual motors, standard batteries, white interiors, high performance options the flood in, and of course deliverys get pushed out.

Seems like a lot of people with deposits placed are kind of playing a game of Chicken deciding when to order. They want a perfect configuration, but do not want to loose the tax credit nor the free data.

Saw the same thing when free supercharging was going away for the Model S and X.

Some are waiting for the last possible moment to place their order. Sometimes they just miss the cut.

Interesting how often Tesla sweetens the deal, even after the order is placed, but production has not yet started.

In my case, after I ordered my 70X they upgraded me to a 75 battery pack, upgraded the small accessory trailor hitch to a full sized tow package, reduced the price of the air suspension and upgraded the sensor package to incluce additional cameras and a much faster and more capable computer. Later on they offered to upgrade my performance with a no cost uncorking.

Guess my point is that Tesla has always been a bit fluid in their attempt to continously improve their offerings and value pricing.

I got invite to configure last night (WOOOO!!!) and configured this morning once I got into the office. Mine said 3-5 months as well for RWD version. I chose white with aero wheels.
5 hours later I got an email from a Tesla employee saying my car just finished going through Final Production. ...WHAT?! Already?
We'll see if it's legit or if I got the email by mistake, too soon. Hopefully it's legit!!

Whaaaaaat? :confused:

• Funny
Reactions: 0ptions
You're getting a car that required rework and/or was rejected at delivery. Inspect it carefully! Two of my coworkers got offered cars days after ordering. One postponed due to a suspiciously low VIN, the other is very happy!

Multiple people on Reddit are reporting that they have a delivery date and VIN for the second week of July that ordered yesterday.

r/teslamotors - Configuration to VIN in <24 hours
Yeah, if it's a 31XXX vin, like stated. That's probably a rework. I wonder if mine will have the latest front and rear seats. If not, do you think they will replace them with the latest? I think they better if I'm paying full price for the vehicle at a time later than their release. Thoughts?