Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current S & X OWNERS: What is your favorite currently available exterior color and WHY?

What is your favorite currently available exterior color? (OWNERS ONLY)

• Solid Black

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Red Multi-Coat

Votes: 38 23.8%
  • Midnight Silver Metallic

Votes: 30 18.8%
  • Deep Blue Metallic

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat

Votes: 27 16.9%
  • Silver Metallic

Votes: 10 6.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my MS for 8 months and chose Midnight Silver Mettalic. I like the color, but part of me wishes I had gotten the Deep Sea Metallic Blue. I debated between Black, Deep Sea Blue or Midnight Silver. I will say the Midnight Silver Mettalic doesn't look dirty often and I like how in different lighting, it sort of morphs colors. If Tesla still made the dark blue color, I would have selected that in a heartbeat as my last car was that color and I NEVER got tired of it.

At the time, I felt Deep Sea Blue Mettalic was a little too "loud" but I feel differently now. I feel like MS are standout cars and can look great with colors that pop(polling so far shows this). I personally feel all the colors look nice except for black, which to me is very blah and doesn't do the car any justice. I think so far, the results show in your poll to reflect most feelings. In the end, it's personal choice, but is easily the most agonizing decision. If I was to buy a another MS right now, I would probably go with the Deep Sea Blue or Pearl White, however, Midnight Metallic Silver is a very nice color that a lot of owners including myself like very much.

I debated between these two colors for a long time before deciding on the Blue. Extremely happy with the choice and regularly get compliments on the color, even when it's dirty.

While it's nearly impossible to keep clean, IMHO nothing looks better than a deep black highly polished car. My first S was black, my second S is black and my 3 will probably be white for practicality. :) I was tempted to go red more than a couple of times but on cloudy days it looks too dark to my eye--almost burgundy.

Note that deep blue metallic is very different than the older "blue" that others have mentioned looks almost black

I'd agree that the current Deep Blue is "vivid" as @Saghost described above, and I still regularly get comments about it even when if it hasn't been washed in a while, or if cloudy or rainy

BTW I'll add that IMO deep blue looks especially good with a contrasting light interior, although the grey I have is no longer offered.

Midnight silver metallic but I was on the fence with black obsidian. I'm not a fan of all the chrome so I did a chrome delete. Along with the gray wheels, it looks really good.

tMdwu7m.jpg

I'm thinking of white for an X.

Reactions: T_E_S_L_A
Love my white on white, just a beautiful color combo, and was my wife's choice although I am very happy I listened to her.

Silver looked to much like my prior Lexus. Midnight silver in the right light is beautiful but looks different colors in different lights. I liked red but my wife said it screamed mid life crisis!!! I just don't get the blue, guess I am alone in that.

It's a personal choice but would see them all in person and in different lighting. But I think the white interior is unreal!! Although not sure I would like it as much with the new lower dash being black instead of white.

We adore blue on white. So much so that we are turning our black/white inventory S into deep blue metallic (by change the wrap is an exact match to the Tesla blue) with 3M 1080 line film/wrap :)

Can’t wait for Tuesday!

Attachments

• F0E2D7CA-6BCD-4144-9482-57237C9949C8.jpeg
    F0E2D7CA-6BCD-4144-9482-57237C9949C8.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 4A138C9D-3C72-4258-8F01-F61D1F6E0644.jpeg
    4A138C9D-3C72-4258-8F01-F61D1F6E0644.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 240ECE28-F0A7-40FB-B2F4-4759854346B4.jpeg
    240ECE28-F0A7-40FB-B2F4-4759854346B4.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 293AB4FD-A7EF-419E-BE2E-255CCAF2A7D3.jpeg
    293AB4FD-A7EF-419E-BE2E-255CCAF2A7D3.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 107
I was debating between midnight silver and deep blue. My previous car was black and I was afraid that while midnight silver looks sharp, it would end up being hard to keep clean as well. I ended up getting lucky with an inventory model S with deep blue metallic and tan interior which I prefer over white seats. I get compliments on the color all the time. Even when the car is dirty, it still stands out and the color combination is great too!
IMG_0265.JPG

IMG_0266.JPG

Reactions: PrGrPa
Not yet an owner. I’ve ordered multi-coat red. Reasons include:
Black metallic on my MB looks great after cleaning. Looks dirty the next day. This eliminated all the black options for us
SO refused blue as an option
Red multi-coat looked really good on the test drive
Silver doesn’t appeal to either of us
White didn’t appeal as much as red for the same price

I went for the Midnight Silver Metallic. It's extremely hard to pick a paint color from a swatch online, but I am very pleased with my choice. It's not hard to keep clean (IMO) and in certainly lighting it turns an awesome shade of blue.

I owned a black car once and while beautiful when cleaned and polished up, it's no longer an option for me. It ended up looking horrible 90% of the time.