Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Service Bulletins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Besides the new underbody, does anyone know of any other service bulletins? I'm taking my car in for its first inspection and want to make sure I get all the current service bulletins done. Are there any bulletins I shouldn't get done?

Besides the new underbody, does anyone know of any other service bulletins? I'm taking my car in for its first inspection and want to make sure I get all the current service bulletins done. Are there any bulletins I shouldn't get done?

From my experience, it seems like there are bulletins they apply automagically when you're in for any reason, bulletins they apply when in for service, things they check for and do if it looks like you need it, and things they only do if you're actually having the specific problem ("if it ain't broke, don't fix it"). Oh yeah, and random things they notice ("we noticed a minor creak in your A pillar, so we did XYZ"...I hadn't noticed anything, but okay, thanks, Tesla!). So far I've been happy with the results.

I was in for a window issue some months back and in addition to fixing it, they did a whirlwind of TSBs on their own, including replacing the 12 volt because apparently mind was from a bad or questionable batch. So they're very proactive and clearly have a checklist of things to check up on, even when in for a specific purpose and not the inspection; for the inspection, I imagine the list is longer. So I don't feel the need to back-seat them UNLESS I have an issue--obviously, mention issues you have, in case there's something they can do about it. But they know their jobs, IME and IMHO. ;-)

Anyway at my "inspection"...they didn't have much left to do, but they did the camber bolt thing gg mentioned, the armor plating (which I'd asked about), updated my front vents (I'd asked about it, explaining excess fogging up in cold weather), the A pillar creak I hadn't noticed, and a couple of minor things. Oh and a pano roof creak thing 'cuz I get a minor creak in hot weather for the first few miles; if you don't have any creaking, you don't need it, but I'm sure they check things out--they did a couple of other small tweaks to the pano NOT related to the creak, so again, they seem to have a checklist of things to look at (unsurprisingly).

Like I said, they're very proactive. Hopefully your service experience is as good as mine. :)

I was in the other day for a software thing and they did this just because they thought they should (I didn't notice or complain about it beforehand):

Concern: Technician noted "clicking" coming from steering wheel. Please perform SB-13-32- 001 | Steering Notchy Feel or Clicking Sound.
Corrections: Add Shim to Steering Mount Bolt and Retorque Subframe Bolts
Performed SB-13-32-001 Steering Notchy Feel or Clicking Sound, installed shim and re torqued to 110ft lb.

Didn't really notice anything before/after.

They'll have a list of things to apply and it'll depend on your VIN. Some are really simple stupid stuff, like I had to have a lock washer added to a bolt that in some cases was backing itself out slowly.

I was in the other day for a software thing and they did this just because they thought they should (I didn't notice or complain about it beforehand):

Concern: Technician noted "clicking" coming from steering wheel. Please perform SB-13-32- 001 | Steering Notchy Feel or Clicking Sound.
Corrections: Add Shim to Steering Mount Bolt and Retorque Subframe Bolts
Performed SB-13-32-001 Steering Notchy Feel or Clicking Sound, installed shim and re torqued to 110ft lb.

Didn't really notice anything before/after.

I had this done and it fixed a very noticeable clicking for me (only noticeable when I was turning the wheel somewhat far, though).