Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current status of Firmware 6.0 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cursing:

The techs came out to me, two of them, and sat me down and said you're gonna hate us.

Somewhere Tesla screwed up. They don't know what happened. They did the full 6.0 install, and then the system said, 6.0? what 6.0? And the release turned into 5.12. They are totally baffled and have calls into HQ. No explanation.

I had 5.9 in the car, and now they say their system says no 6.0 available, and now they can't even install 5.9 back, it's no longer in the system. So my car now has 5.12.

This is mortifying. But not my fault, honest!

They have people on the phone to engineering right now to try to figure out WTF happened.

Wow, what a disappointment!!!!

I'm guessing someone jumped the gun and pushed out 6.0 prematurely and they PULLED IT BACK. While or just as my car was downloading it!!!! AAARRRGH

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cursing:

The techs came out to me, two of them, and sat me down and said you're gonna hate us.

Somewhere Tesla screwed up. They don't know what happened. They did the full 6.0 install, and then the system said, 6.0? what 6.0? And the release turned into 5.12. They are totally baffled and have calls into HQ. No explanation.

I had 5.9 in the car, and now they say their system says no 6.0 available, and now they can't even install 5.9 back, it's no longer in the system. So my car now has 5.12.

This is mortifying. But not my fault, honest!

They have people on the phone to engineering right now to try to figure out WTF happened.

Wow, what a disappointment!!!!

I'm guessing someone jumped the gun and pushed out 6.0 prematurely and they PULLED IT BACK. While or just as my car was downloading it!!!! AAARRRGH

being optimistic here, but maybe there's some BIG changes (autopilot?!) that are going to be annouced in coordination with earnings tonight, someone jumped the gun at HQ reading it's to be released today and pushed it through to the SC before they retracted during your update.

Last thing I did at the service center was I went to my Yahoo!Finance page with 100 stocks on it, all in deep red territory today, and showed the service center guy... I said, see? The whole market has collapsed because you guys pulled back my 6.0 and didn't let me show screen shots of the release notes....

By the way, here's the item on my Service Invoice.... note it still says v6.0... argh!

t6.png

I am new. What is in v 6.0? Anyone know?
TFAN

Tesla update the firmware versions on their cars on a regular basis. Each update gives (or takes away) new features, and usability of the vehicle remotely and over the air. From a user's standpoint its great getting in your car in the morning and seeing the new features that were added just like a software update on your computer. It's way cool that Tesla can do this without recalling or "servicing" you car.

As far as what's in it.... well nobody other than the Beta testers know for sure!!

Edit.....

BTW: Welcome to the forum with your first post.

Am I the only one who smells BS here?

I mean it's a very nice story and all but in my view the most likely explanation is that this has been made up, timed very cleverly for the day of an earnings call, and that the poster has (trivially easily) edited the electronic copy of their invoice before taking a screenshot of it for us to see.

Shouldn't it say something like 2.00.75, 6.00 for the version number (i.e. with the internal build numbers as well as the external user facing version)? I've not seen enough bits of service paperwork to know for sure but do they ever just write e.g. v5.9 like that rather than being precise about which exact build they're talking about?

Sorry this really isn't intended as a personal attack on the OP; I am just saying that if someone asked me to look objectively at this situation and suggest the most likely cause, I'd immediately say "good humored but intentional fake".

Am I the only one who smells BS here?

I mean it's a very nice story and all but in my view the most likely explanation is that this has been made up, timed very cleverly for the day of an earnings call, and that the poster has (trivially easily) edited the electronic copy of their invoice before taking a screenshot of it for us to see.

Shouldn't it say something like 2.00.75, 6.00 for the version number (i.e. with the internal build numbers as well as the external user facing version)? I've not seen enough bits of service paperwork to know for sure but do they ever just write e.g. v5.9 like that rather than being precise about which exact build they're talking about?

Sorry this really isn't intended as a personal attack on the OP; I am just saying that if someone asked me to look objectively at this situation and suggest the most likely cause, I'd immediately say "good humored but intentional fake".

Congratulations mgboyes, you win what I call the Capricorn One award (as in: NASA faked the moon landing).

Sorry to disappoint you, but I didn't doctor the image other than shrinking it a little bit from a screen grab so it wouldn't be so wide in everyone's browser.

I really did go to the service center this morning to get tires rotated. I have about 11,200 miles on the car and I should've gotten them rotated at 10k miles. I contacted them last week to see if tire rotation was still free and they said yes so I made the appointment. I had no plans to do anything but the tire rotation, and they offered 5.12 when I have 5.9, but they said it'd take 20-30min to install and since I was there in a while-u-wait fashion, at 730am, I decided to pass on 5.12, esp since i'd heard nothing really stellar about it.

Then 20 or so mins after they'd gone to work on the car, a tech emerges from the service bay, goes over to the service rep, they confer, and come over to me and say hey, we suddenly have 6.0 available, would you like us to install it, it'll take about an hour, and I jumped and said YES. And then later it turns out to be some (still mysterious) false alarm. At one point another service rep who was kind of skeptical of the 6.0 told me he was going to go check with his own eyes to see that 6.0 indeed was installing, and he came back all smiles and said yes, there's a busy cursor, and it's 6.0. So he was particularly baffled when he and another tech came back later to sit me down and explain they were wrong and they don't know why.

So, mgboyes, you're wrong, it's not a fake, at least on my part, and I doubt it was one on Tesla's part. Occam's Razor suggests that it was never 6.0, but that the original service bay tech *thought* it said 6.0 and then everyone else got all excited as did I.... I have no other explanation since I have no logs and was not allowed back in the service bay.

EDIT: And yes you're right, I had the same thought about the invoice being different for 6.0 than 5.12 as we saw on the other TMC participant's post up above that their invoice shows an internal software release number first then a comma then the "retail" release number. So yeah, the 6.0 only on my invoice only adds to the mystery, but not a fake.