Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current status of Firmware 6.0 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe the Orlando Service Center downloaded but didn't install ver 5.12? Doesn't make sense, but you never know.........

Yes, that is possible. You should have seen the clock icon at the top of the screen when you left the service center if that was the case. They've done that before for me when I've been waiting for the car. Instead of pushing and running the upgrade, they just push the software be leave it for me to install when I get home.

My battery coolant pump threw a service error which Tesla says is only a software communication issue between pump and computer, nothing physically wrong with pump or function. Service said that they wanted to wait a week before scheduling a replacement because they were told by Engineering that a software update was expected in the coming week to address the pump communication issue.

Perhaps 6.0 is closer than we expect? Or maybe just 5.13.

I had 5.12 OTA, but it was just an update. I had already gotten 5.12 at the service center prior to my update to 5.12.

Sorry I don't remember the exact build numbers.

there was a "patch" to 5.12 that fixed something on the original 5.12. so if you had the original 5.12, i believe that second patch (i don't have the version # in front of me) was to fix some serious bugs that were causing the screen to black out, randomly reboot, or not turn on at all. in my case, the original 5.12 somehow wouldn't start my 17" screen but everything else was "on". that update was released within two weeks of the original i believe.

we were backing out of garage, in a hurry to get to airport and screen never came on. i tried to reboot, nothing. so we pulled it back into the garage and got out and took the benz because we couldn't control most functions. when i got back after dropping off my husband, the car was STILL running and had been running for 90 minutes. i thought it would shut down once i left the seat and no key was present, but i guess not. there was a massive condensation puddle from the AC running that long. i got back in and tried to reboot, do a bunch of things, nothing worked. long story short, i called san diego SC and they sent a ranger out to shut it down and install the patch to 5.12 which had just been released hours before my mishap. so far so good with the newer 5.12.

Tesla update the firmware versions on their cars on a regular basis. Each update gives (or takes away) new features, and usability of the vehicle remotely and over the air. From a user's standpoint its great getting in your car in the morning and seeing the new features that were added just like a software update on your computer. It's way cool that Tesla can do this without recalling or "servicing" you car.

As far as what's in it.... well nobody other than the Beta testers know for sure!!

Edit.....

BTW: Welcome to the forum with your first post.

Thanks for the explanation!
TFAN

I can confirm @wamochi. Had 5.12 installed at my last service 10-July and as I was picking up the car service advisor told me "oh there will be an update for you to install when you get home" and it was another version of 5.12 that fixed some bug.

Waiting for 6.0 like everybody else.....

there was a "patch" to 5.12 that fixed something on the original 5.12. so if you had the original 5.12, i believe that second patch (i don't have the version # in front of me) was to fix some serious bugs that were causing the screen to black out, randomly reboot, or not turn on at all. in my case, the original 5.12 somehow wouldn't start my 17" screen but everything else was "on". that update was released within two weeks of the original i believe.

we were backing out of garage, in a hurry to get to airport and screen never came on. i tried to reboot, nothing. so we pulled it back into the garage and got out and took the benz because we couldn't control most functions. when i got back after dropping off my husband, the car was STILL running and had been running for 90 minutes. i thought it would shut down once i left the seat and no key was present, but i guess not. there was a massive condensation puddle from the AC running that long. i got back in and tried to reboot, do a bunch of things, nothing worked. long story short, i called san diego SC and they sent a ranger out to shut it down and install the patch to 5.12 which had just been released hours before my mishap. so far so good with the newer 5.12.

Wow, and all this time I thought it was based on the phase of the moon and the relative humidity in my fridge.

Car goes in for 12 month check up on thursday. I'll let you know if i come out with 5.12 or 6.0. (my bet is on 5.12)

Wow, and all this time I thought it was based on the phase of the moon and the relative humidity in my fridge.

Car goes in for 12 month check up on thursday. I'll let you know if i come out with 5.12 or 6.0. (my bet is on 5.12)

Mine is in for 12 month checkup today. I can always hope Tesla will release 6.0 before the end of the day :)