Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current status of Firmware 6.0 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now, on the bright side, I just thought of something that would get me jumping up and down over 6.0. In the SpC announcement, Elon said they had improved the taper algorithm. Here's to me hoping that A packs will benefit from an improved taper curve in 6.0. Maybe even holding 90 kW until 50% SOC. That would be amazing! Nigel?

Ha, I think I'm getting a reputation. I haven't heard anything about charging changes in v6.0 though, so I wouldn't bet on it.

Agreed. Turning on the climate control from the app if the car is sleeping takes way too long. A single command sent from the app that is automatically applied when the car wakes up and the connection is made would be tremendous.

Thanks to this thread I just wrote a python program to do this and made a button on my phone's home screen to trigger it :) It was a great idea. Thanks, liuping.

Mod Note: 17 posts went to random-chitchat and 11 others went to Model-S-Software-Firmware-wishlist

- - - Updated - - -

Back on topic, I'm guessing that the beta testers should have finished with their comments by now. Hopefully we'll see something in the next week or two.

Nigel, I hope you are correct and that at least some of the features speculated to be included are present. I know that everyone won't get their holiday 'wish list'. It will be interesting to see everyone's reaction. I am still happy that the car gets better sitting in my garage and that there will be a 7.0, 8.0 etc if I do not get everything I want.

The way I'd implement the feature of starting the car via the app is that you choose to start via the app and then the car asks you for a predefined pin or password on the 17" screen that has to be entered within a short period of time, before the car actually starts.

The way I'd implement the feature of starting the car via the app is that you choose to start via the app and then the car asks you for a predefined pin or password on the 17" screen that has to be entered within a short period of time, before the car actually starts.

It will be interesting to see how it's implemented.

IMO, a simple BT connection between an unlocked phone and the car is sufficient for my purposes and potentially more secure than key alone.

Even if it's more complex, I'm happy to see this functionality added.

Currently iOS only. Android, some day...

They know what devices are hitting the mobile apps, so presumably they prioritized based on the fact that iOS has the most users. I suspect that'll start to shift as the S rolls out in other countries in volume, but for now it's no surprise. Based on the stats I see on my website (where presumably most visitors are Tesla owners), ~71% of mobile traffic is from iOS devices.

This is definitely not the full 6.0 release, and it's not out yet. Check the Apple App Store...there is no recent release for the iPhone app.

Regarding the iPhone app, Tesla's most likely using an "adhoc" distribution model to let beta testers install it; the App Store's not in the picture there.

Personally, I don't think Tesla has the bandwidth to put out too many variants of the 6.0 beta firmware to various beta testers. I'm going to go with DrComputer and others and take it that this is all we are going to get after 7-8 months since 5.9.

Personally, I don't think Tesla has the bandwidth to put out too many variants of the 6.0 beta firmware to various beta testers. I'm going to go with DrComputer and others and take it that this is all we are going to get after 7-8 months since 5.9.

I have a feeling you're right. Either that was an early beta that has since added features, or that's it. It might sound good, but rolling out multiple versions of the beta to separate owners with separate release notes is a complete disaster. I highly doubt Tesla maintains several versions of the betas at once.

Either that was an early beta that has since added features, or that's it. ....I highly doubt Tesla maintains several versions of the betas at once.

You're right that Tesla wouldn't test beta variants concurrently, but they do test beta versions consecutively; there's no evidence to indicate that the beta version leaked in the other thread is final. I think there's a very good chance that what we see in the end might well contain more and it might also be that some of those features in the other thread are no longer there.

Could the use of a hpone to start the car be the first step to get rid of the key forb in the first place. A BT connection betveen the Tesla and the iPhone could just as easily make it for the keyforb.

You could pair it using username/password and some kind of secure validation of the phone, could be based on the imei number of the phone it self. This way, you could not just get the user/pass you also need to have the exact paired iPhone to do it from.

Personally I think this could be a really cool feature.

You're right that Tesla wouldn't test beta variants concurrently, but they do test beta versions consecutively; there's no evidence to indicate that the beta version leaked in the other thread is final. I think there's a very good chance that what we see in the end might well contain more and it might also be that some of those features in the other thread are no longer there.

We do regular beta testing where we only light up the feature that we want feedback on. So the navigation application is something that benefits from real world feedback, you can easily have lots more features that are hidden to that particular beta tester. Same goes for the calendar app, user feedback would benefit testing that feature.