Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Tesla Owner With Two Reservations - 2019 Delivery!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ken830

Model S 85, Model 3 Performance, Model X LongRange
Jun 19, 2012
San Carlos, CA
Hey guys, I stood in line on March 31st in Palo Alto and placed two reservations. The second reservation has a 2019 delivery estimate!? This is worse than non-owners, on the East Coast who reserved later. WTF?

Inked2017-07-29 - Model3 Reservation_LI.jpg

Yes, they only give you priority for the number of Tesla cars you currently own. As far as why the second one is so far back, either this is a glitch in the reservation system (likely), or Tesla will change this as they realize the implications (also likely), or maybe they'll move the second one forward after you buy the first Model 3 (possible).

I have two Teslas, but my two reservation priorities aren't exactly in the same timeframe, so they even space those out. But the second one is surely better than 2019.

Yes, I only have one Tesla now. And yes, I understand that it is one priority reservation per one current Tesla owned. I'm not concerned with the priority reservation. I was expecting the non-priority reservation to be a "normal" reservation, not a "penalized-to-the-end-of-the-line" reservation.

Yes, I only have one Tesla now. And yes, I understand that it is one priority reservation per one current Tesla owned. I'm not concerned with the priority reservation. I was expecting the non-priority reservation to be a "normal" reservation, not a "penalized-to-the-end-of-the-line" reservation.
Why exactly do you need TWO cars? And let's be honest here. Do you intend to make a quick buck? Or do you really want to buy two?

Why exactly do you need TWO cars? And let's be honest here. Do you intend to make a quick buck? Or do you really want to buy two?

I don't really like your tone and I definitely don't owe you an answer, but my Model S is about to hit 100k miles and it doesn't have Autopilot hardware or even parking sensors so we're considering replacing it. The other one would replace my Rav4 EV. It's not unreasonable to buy two cars.

The FAQ states you get owner priority for *each* Tesla you own. It doesn't say anything about any adjustments on your other reservation for only owning one. If you own two, both reservations would get priority.

@HumanGenome your second res looks like a normal timeframe for an early reserver. No idea what happened to @ken830. One question is, does it still show the same thing? Delivery Estimates have been changing right and left. Mine have changed by several months overnight. :D

It sounds like you should have made the second reservation on a different email address. I also stood in line and made one reservation on my account and a second reservation for my father-in-law I put on his email address. His delivery estimates are all one month behind mine consistent with other non-owners that reserved day 1 in person. You could try to have Tesla move your second reservation to a different My Tesla email account.

Weird, mine doesn't show that delay for the 2nd reservation. Both were reserved on Mar 31 2016.

qpQpzda.jpg

I have the exact same dates as you. And like the OP, I already own one Tesla and reserved in person at a store on 3/31/2006.

Here's an interesting question actually: can my first purchase (say, the RWD long-range Model 3) be made on the NON-priority reservation? Such that the second purchase is for the AWD model in mid-2018 with the priority reservation?
Or must the first purchase be necessarily made with the priority reservation?

Hey guys, I stood in line on March 31st in Palo Alto and placed two reservations. The second reservation has a 2019 delivery estimate!? This is worse than non-owners, on the East Coast who reserved later. WTF?

I also stood in line (Corte Madera) and reserved two Model 3s and already own one Tesla. My estimator shows Nov 2017-Jan 2018 for the second reservation, so something's out of whack with yours. I probably got to the front of the line before you because my first reservation has slightly better dates, so maybe they drew a line in the sand at a certain point for non-owner reservation slots. But who knows...everything will probably change from day to day for a while.