Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Tesla owners low take rate on reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You really think this is true? There’s only so many already Tesla owners who can just nonchalantly afford to buy another Tesla (this version). I realistically can’t and I want a Tesla really bad.

Unlimited is an exaggeration and no one can say for sure. Though if I were to drop the jokes and think about it critically, I think first 25,000 would sell out immediately without question.

Tesla is not yet at 5000 Model 3s, so when they do its a five month wait just to clear LR+AWD.

Realistic options now I could see are:

1.) Get the current Model 3 if offered to you.
2.) Get the cheapest CPO Model S, and keep or exchange later for a 3 variant.
3.) Stretch and can get the lowest trim Model S which is AWD. Also assured of full tax credit.

No one is happy with Tesla's production ramp. Tax credit structure is bullshat (punishes the top EV company).

Hope this helps you. I am sorry it's such a PITA for a first time owner wanting to get in.

Reactions: ChrisH
So are the VINs not consecutive, or did not start at 001? My vin is 5xxx and I think I saw a post by someone with a 6xxx VIN. That's still disappointingly few, but well over 5,000 if they started at 1 and went consecutively.
I have VIN 72xx I got last week and I saw 6 others waiting on deliveries and was told another truckload was expected that afternoon. And while the VINs are not delivered in order they are a strong indication of the build rate.