TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Current Tesla Owners: Plans for the Model 3?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ELRev, Mar 21, 2016.

?

Current Tesla Owners: Do you plan to purchase a Model 3?

1. Yes! I'll be reserving one soon.

35 vote(s)
    57.4%
  2. Yes, and I intend to purchase more than one.

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. Yes, but I plan to wait on reserving/purchasing.

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  4. No, I have the Tesla I want.

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  5. Maybe. Depends on what the Model 3 offers.

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  1. ELRev

ELRev Member

Hi everyone, Tesla virgin here. Looking forward to placing a reservation for a Model 3 next Thursday. I've spent a lot of time recently over in the Model 3 sub-forum, and I and a number of other people have thrown around a lot of ideas as for how many current Tesla owners intend to not only reserve but purchase a Model 3. I tried to poll the group who visits the Model 3 sub-forum but realized that was just about the most unbiased sample set I could find, so I thought I'd try again here, in the busiest sub-forum on TMC - one fueled by current Tesla owners. For the edification of all of us who don't currently own a Tesla but hope to someday (soon, hopefully) own a model 3, I put to you Roadster/Model S/X owners a simple question:

Do you plan to not only reserve but PURCHASE a Model 3?

Please contribute to the poll only if you currently own a Tesla. I look forward to sharing the results with other members of this community.

2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

We have two Teslas. Not sure if a new 3 or a CPO X will be the next one. But not buying another ICE.

3. demundus

demundus Member

100% reserving one, glad I get to be one of the first :)

4. ELRev

ELRev Member

Decent participation so far. Looks like the majority of forum members who are current Tesla owners plan to purchase a Model 3. Curious how that would compare to non-forum members who aren't quite as involved in the Tesla community. Anyone else willing to share their plans?

5. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

I will more than likely reserve one, I will decide later if I'll actually buy one though. You see my ranger fee is $1,500 and there are no plans to put in Superchargers here at all, so if those things are corrected I may buy more than one.

6. Beryl

Beryl Member

Reserving a spot and my S90D is only 3 months old. If the specs are attractive (smaller but similar interior comfort, V2 AP, etc.), I may trade down.

7. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

I will reserve one. Dd going to college in 2019 and she can't fathom the whole gas station thing. Yay! Reach one, teach one. And I have 4 to teach.

8. Ele-k-tra

Ele-k-tra Member

9. Ele-k-tra

Ele-k-tra Member

Yes planning on purchasing the model 3. We absolutely love our Model S 90D. Delivered January 4 2016, in Bozeman MT. Disappointed we didn't get selected for the unveiling of the Model 3 .

10. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

No brainer. Wife's already getting sick of the limited range VW e-Golf that I've saddled her with; lease will be up just in time for the 3.

11. msnow

msnow Active Member

I'll be reserving one for my wife. Hope the federal tax credit will still be available.

12. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    At least a few people owning non-Tesla vehicles were saying they would reserve on the 31st but now think they'll wait because of priority to existing Tesla customers. Were I they I'd reserve anyway because production volume will be as high as Tesla can make it be, and all among us who are already Tesla owners will work out the early production bugs. I think it is smart to give owners priority precisely because existing owners are not typically much concerned about early production issues because we are so confident of the Tesla support system. Are we wise to have such confidence in them given the massive growth coming? Time will tell. My order will prove my own optimism.

• Like x 1