Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Tesla Owners Who Ordered A Model 3 - Do you have yours yet?

Current Tesla Owners - What is the status of your Model 3 reservation?

• I have yet to receive an email to order my Model 3

Votes: 27 38.6%
  • I received my order email and customized my car, but I am still awaiting delivery.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • I have taken delivery of my Model 3.

Votes: 27 38.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your entry in the sheet ( Model 3 Invites ) shows you were invited, configured, and received a VIN today. Presumably the VIN part is incorrect?
not sure why, but it is showing a VIN number (3398) in my Tesla account. I was surprised to see the VIN show up pretty automatically--maybe they are assigning one of the pre-built cars. I do live 30 miles from the factory, so maybe that played a part. just speculating at this point

Obviously a pre-built car, maybe one that somebody decided not to purchase. Not sure, but definitely surprised to see the VIN immediately in my account. I did it completely loaded with everything....maybe that is a configuration that not everybody wanted. Again, pure speculation.

Yeah this has me a little worried though. I'm also in the east bay, ordered midnight silver + EAP + FSD but opted out of the 19" wheels and I don't have a VIN after almost 2 weeks.

Utah owner. Can configure and have the car in 4 weeks, but waiting for AWD instead....

Need to edit poll to add: Can configure, but decided to wait for different version.....

I agree for adding that additional option. I took my delivery of my MS in Dec 2017 but reserved for M3 on 3/31/16, east coast. Invited to configure end of Dec to take delivery after 4 weeks as I put down for the production model. But, I am not configuring now and going to wait for AWD

As others, no email invite yet but:

Capture.JPG

Reactions: Twiglett
At this point, I might just move on...still not able to configure. I was one of the first in line on March 31, 2016. I'm a current Tesla owner. Yes, I'm in Toronto, Canada but still, what gives Tesla?! It doesn't even give me an estimated delivery date anymore.
I don't want to raise your hopes too high, but here is one plausible scenario:
Suppose Tesla gets close to 200,000 US units at the end of the quarter (the Second Quarter most likely) and decides to hold all US deliveries until the start of the next calendar quarter in order to give more customers the Federal Tax credit. Something that many discussed as a possibility. So what do you think they will do with the thousands of cars produced at the end of the quarter? I think the most reasonable choice would be to ship them all to Canada! ;)

Looks like the Model 3 configurator opened up yesterday to quite a few current Tesla owners in the US with early reservations. It seems there may be a 2-week pattern developing for invites.

Current poll numbers show about 60% of Tesla owners with Model 3 reservations have had a chance to order their Model 3 already. That's great news!

I'd expect a number of people who haven't yet received their order emails either ordered later or aren't based in the US. It'll be interesting to see how those folks are prioritized compared to Day 1 reservation holders who are NOT Tesla owners.

Keep the info coming!