Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a export a few hours ago and aggregated the numbers to look for stats on what kind of orders have gotten VINs assigned.

I removed obvious mistakes (there's an order from Norway that supposedly got its VIN in January 2015... yeah, um, no), and the obvious findings at this point are that all cars with VINs have ventilated seats and premium interior and autopilot and smart air suspension. I know this isn't exactly a surprise, but I like to have numbers.

So - the tracker currently has 129 vehicles with VINs.
NOTE: The percentage missing from 100% are entries with "Undecided/not chosen". If you don't see an option listed below (like no autopilot), it means that no vehicle with a VIN has it.

EDITION:
55% Signature
41.8% Production
3.1% Founders

CHARGER:
90.6% 72 amps
6.2% 48 amps

DRIVE TRAIN:

44.1% Ludicrous
44.1% Performance

PAINT GROUP:
46.5% Metallic
27.9% Signature
8.5% Multi-Coat
6.9% Solid

WHEELS:
55% 20 inch silver
28.6% 22 inch silver
3.8% 20 inch silver helix
3.1% 22 inch onyx black

SEAT CONFIGURATION:

46.5% Seven seat interior
37.2% Six seat interior

SEATS:
39.5% Black leather
31.7% Tan leather
17.8% Ultra white synthetic leather

SEAT OPTIONS:
87.6% Ventilated, heating and cooling

DECOR ACCENTS:
35.6% Figured Ash Wood
18.6% Carbon Fiber
13.9% Obeche Wood Matte
11.6% Dark Ash Wood
6.9% Obeche Wood Gloss

HEADLINER:
59.6% Black
28.6% White

WEATHER:
64.3% Subzero
23.2% No subzero

INTERIOR:
87.5% Premium interior and lighting

AUTOPILOT:
86.8% Autopilot

SUSPENSION:
86.8% Smart air suspension

SOUND SYSTEM:
81.3% Ultra high fidelity sound
5.4% Standard equipment

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently I truncated the thread title by accident, and now I can't change it. Sorry.

Could you re-run this data while only looking at the production model orders? I'm curious if the premium interior goes up to 100%...

It is 100%. "87.5% premium interior" means "87.5% premium interior, 12.5% undecided/not chosen", meaning that the users have not entered their configuration choice into the tracker. I can rerun the numbers to exclude all the "undecided" entries.

Same with autopilot and smart air suspension and ventilated seats - those are 100% of the people with VINs who chose to enter their configuration information.

It is 100%. "87.5% premium interior" means "87.5% premium interior, 12.5% undecided/not chosen", meaning that the users have not entered their configuration choice into the tracker. I can rerun the numbers to exclude all the "undecided" entries.

Same with autopilot and smart air suspension and ventilated seats - those are 100% of the people with VINs who chose to enter their configuration information.
Good stuff. BTW, Smart Air Suspension is only optional on the 70D Model X so it's probably not a point worth tracking right now. On the P90D and 90D, it's mandatory (can't be de-selected). Also, "Ventilated Seats" and "Premium Lighting" are both part of the Premium Upgrades Package. I think Model X Tracker still has some of the Model X options slightly wrong, because they were early assumptions based on the Model S options, before the Model X production design studio was available. But either option is an indicator of the person selecting "Premium Upgrades Package."

so also under presumption that no 90D's have VINs if they are not P90's. Have not seen any straight production 90D's assigned VINs if they have not bee upgraded to Performance versions...oh well. Still waiting to see that ramp as well as Elon's explanation of ramping on his Q4 conference call next month.

My thinking was to take the signature and founder cars out of the stats because I was imagining that it was possible for a signature owner to configure a car without the premium interior for some reason (e.g. they don't want leather or the white seats). I don't really know if that is an actual scenario though. I have a production order with no VIN yet so I'm particularly interested in production-only stats...