Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Currently have a Model S as a loaner and...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you can 'convince' Tesla to sell you a new 90kWh usable pack for the 75D, your have essentially the same range as a raven but for £15k vs £30k+ for used or £50k+ for a brand new S.

The 75D pack in our X has served us well for 70k+ miles across Europe. Logically it makes zero sense to even consider spending £5k+ on a new battery as the range in the 75D is perfectly fine for our usage. But when the time comes I'll see what Tesla offers.
Didn't know this was an option! 90Kw pack good for what miles with the 75D drivetrain? Links to anybody that has done it?

90Kw pack good for what miles

Dunno about a retrofit, but I had an MS90D (Performance) My longest single-leg drive was 174.5 miles and used 79% (In May, the recorded data says average temperature was 8.4C which seems chilly for May!, but journey was 06:00 - 09:11 temperature started at 5.5C and climbed to only 9C). Average speed 55 MPH, fair amount on cruise at 80 MPH, whole journey bar a a handful of miles at the start, was motorway.

Car was charged to 100%, completing 5 minutes before departure, Climate was on for 20 minutes before departure (i.e. pre-conditioned from Mains), so I reckon reasonably representative of a UK motorway journey on a chilly day.

Looks like 415 Wh/Mile, and I expect I was pressing on when possible as I was not range-challenged. 10 minutes at "crawl", and a good 40 minutes at a pretty steady 50 which was almost certainly roadworks.

That 79% pro rata's to 220 miles max range. I used to work on a max range of 240 miles, so some allowance for pressing-on and chilly temperature. Anything over 180 miles my habit was to charge to 100% (to allow for torrential rain etc.)