Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"cushier" ride tires M3 RWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vickh

Dec 16, 2018
az
My rear tread warning light came on and they're down to 2.25? Front are at 5 so don't need to replace those yet. Can I wait and do 2 at time?

Any advice on buying something other than OEM for 18 stock that would give a "cushier" ride w/o sacrificing treadwear or efficiency? Don't care much about other performance variables

If not OEMs Primacy are $300 ea. at DT. Any cheaper recommendations for a price match? Discount Tire | Tires and Wheels for Sale | Online & In-Person

how about these run flats? Discount Tire | Tires and Wheels for Sale | Online & In-Person or

michelin-pilot-sport-all-seasons

Last edited:
I would avoid run-flats if you're looking for a softer ride. They accomplish running flat by having stiffer reinforced sidewalls.

You can theoretically wait. Move the rears to the front though and rotate on time.

The OEM tires will typically carry a price premium because people will stick to them without doing research. I personally haven't run them, but people seem to like the Pirelli Cinturato P7. Cheaper to boot.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
I would avoid run-flats if you're looking for a softer ride. They accomplish running flat by having stiffer reinforced sidewalls.

You can theoretically wait. Move the rears to the front though and rotate on time.

The OEM tires will typically carry a price premium because people will stick to them without doing research. I personally haven't run them, but people seem to like the Pirelli Cinturato P7. Cheaper to boot.
for 300 each I was able to obtain tires on original aero wheels from Ebay. They both needed sensors, but I was able to replace the worn rears. If you go to order sensors, dont order the tesla site ones for your 3, they sent me the wrong ones two times. Save yourself a huge hassle and get them from amazon, they cost 75 dollars for all 4 instead of 95 each too.