Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cussed out and Called a "Yuppie" in our Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's not Tesla related, not in the slightest. He was mad because you pulled out in front of him and it's too bad you cant understand it or dont want to - I've lost couple of friends to "I did not see him" in my days. You should be more attentive and get off your Tesla high horse.
I should have mentioned I'm a licensed motorcycle rider myself and have a bike in my garage. Maybe I wasn't very clear but I did not pull out in front of him, I started to, then stopped, and waited for him to come talk to me so I could apologize. Again, he WAS speeding and there is a hill that crests just before our street spills out onto the main 2 lane road, so if you ARE traveling at a high rate of speed you leave people turning out very little opportunity to see you. I've been in two motorcycle wrecks in my day, had a friend who had severe brain trauma from a wreck, and and have ridden motorcycles all over from the West coast to Hawaii to Midwest. So be careful before you assume that I'm just on my Tesla "high horse" and don't have a clue what riders go through. There will always be THAT telephone pole or obstruction or reason that someone just doesn't see a rider, and I carry that caution and fear with me every time I go out on my bike... But the fact that this dude had to mention my car, the dollar amount, and my house means that he's pissed off he hasn't worked his ass off like I have and doesn't have the things I do , not just that I gave him a scare that I was gonna pull out. His reaction seems to have blown up even further because of what I was driving. I've said my piece.

Last edited:
Of course he was.... couldn't be any other way

Remove the biker. Cant you see that the incident was NOT because OP was driving bampadaaaaam - Tesla - it was because of his poor driving.
Yeah I'm not saying it has anything to do with the vehicle type although the biker brought the car up after he chased the guy and his family down. Whether the OP (for pulling out too far) and/or the biker (for speeding and not being visible at first glance) was the poor driver, the biker escalated the situation. One day he'll pick a fight with the wrong guy.
He did pick a fight with the wrong guy... My father's the top attorney in town and I have my conceal carry...

I should have mentioned I'm a licensed motorcycle rider myself and have a bike in my garage. Maybe I wasn't very clear but I did not pull out in front of him, I started to, then stopped, and waited for him to come talk to me so I could apologize. Again, he WAS speeding and there is a hill that crests just before our street spills out onto the main 2 lane road, so if you ARE traveling at a high rate of speed you leave people turning out very little opportunity to see you. I've been in two wrecks in my day, had a friend who had several brain trauma from a wreck, and and have ridden motorcycles all over from the West coast to Hawaii to Midwest. So be careful before you assume that I'm just on my Tesla "high horse" and don't have a clue what riders go through. There will always be THAT telephone pole or obstruction or reason that someone just doesn't see a rider, and I carry that caution and fear with me every time I go out on my bike... But the fact that this dude had to mention my car, the dollar amount, and my house means that he's pissed off he hasn't worked his ass off like I have and doesn't have the things I do , not just that I gave him a scare that I was gonna pull out. His reaction seems to have blown up even further because of what I was driving. I've said my piece.
Sounds good. Now, get back on your Tesla high horse... :D that was a joke, I hope it was clear.

Thanks for clearing up and sorry for jumping the gun.

Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
"In a 1985 issue of The Wall Street Journal, Theressa Kersten at SRI International described a "yuppie backlash" by people who fit the demographic profile yet express resentment of the label: "You're talking about a class of people who put off having families so they can make payments on the SAABs ... To be a Yuppie is to be a loathsome undesirable creature". Leo Shapiro, a market researcher in Chicago, responded, "Stereotyping always winds up being derogatory. It doesn't matter whether you are trying to advertise to farmers, Hispanics or Yuppies, no one likes to be neatly lumped into some group"."

Haha, just replace SAAB with Tesla and this kinda fits... Except ours is paid off.

Pulled out a little too far from our neighborhood stop sign and a young man on a crotch rocket was approaching much too fast so I did not see him until I was halfway into the lane (where I stopped to let him pass). He had plenty of time to stop, but proceeded to give us the finger for at least 5 seconds as he passed, then turned around to come chase us down. I pulled over before he even caught us to de escalate the situation, but he pulled up swearing and yelling that we were mother f#$&in yuppies in our $100,000 car, that his grandfather owner the farm we cut down to build our new house. Just wanted to hear anyone else's stories of hate for having a Tesla, this was the first major event that has happened to us.

Your mistake was acknowledging his existence.

5000lb car has right of way over a motorcycle. (If the Motorcycle rider is being a douche)

• Funny
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture