Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom 21" Arachnid wheels -- your choice of color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.png

I got an email from the Tesla referral program a few minutes ago containing a link where I can pick colors of my prizes. Here's a screenshot of the wheel choices. I don't know what to choose. If I were to keep them I'd go with silver so the inevitable curb rash isn't as noticeable. But people like black so I should get that if I sell them, I suppose. Any thoughts?

Reactions: DÆrik
View attachment 188442

I got an email from the Tesla referral program a few minutes ago containing a link where I can pick colors of my prizes. Here's a screenshot of the wheel choices. I don't know what to choose. If I were to keep them I'd go with silver so the inevitable curb rash isn't as noticeable. But people like black so I should get that if I sell them, I suppose. Any thoughts?

Personally, grey is my fav.

If you're going to keep them, get the color you want. If you're going to sell them, don't choose yet. Let the buyer choose and pickup locally at their SC.

View attachment 188442

View attachment 188442

I received the same email from Tesla on the award choices ... going with Gray to match :cool:

So the wheels are only for a Model S?

The wheels are the correct offset and load rating so they should fit the Model X. :D

If you're going to keep them, get the color you want. If you're going to sell them, don't choose yet. Let the buyer choose and pickup locally at their SC.

You must pre-select the color when you order ... not an option to choose locally :(

Ok, since I had to complete the referral survey, I selected Grey Arachnid wheels.

I never got a response from Tesla regarding the tax issues, so I'll assume taxes will be $2500 or so.

If you're interested in buying these when I get them in a couple of months, I'm accepting best offers via PM. I'm looking to get at least $5,000(+shipping) for the set, including the tires. I'm in the NYC/New England area, so if you're local, we can arrange delivery/pickup somewhere convenient. Otherwise, we might need to ship them via uShip or Roadie for a couple hundred dollars.

What's also not clear from Tesla is that do these also include TPMS?

Ok, since I had to complete the referral survey, I selected Grey Arachnid wheels.
I never got a response from Tesla regarding the tax issues, so I'll assume taxes will be $2500 or so.

If you're interested in buying these when I get them in a couple of months, I'm accepting best offers via PM. I'm looking to get at least $5,000(+shipping) for the set, including the tires. I'm in the NYC/New England area, so if you're local, we can arrange delivery/pickup somewhere convenient. Otherwise, we might need to ship them via uShip or Roadie for a couple hundred dollars.

What's also not clear from Tesla is that do these also include TPMS?

The original offering in the Tesla store included TPMS so I assume we will get New Old Stock, NOS package. :cool:

21 Arachnid Wheel.PNG

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Once I get a response from Tesla concerning the tax issues, I'll post again with the details of my set for sale!
Wow - weren't they, like, $7,600 when they were available in the Tesla store? A 21" turbine wheel+tire package is $6,000. $3,500 for these sounds like a hekuva bargain.

They won't work for me as my wife won't appreciate them on her Model S, and they won't fit my Roadster...but this should make somebody very happy. I really like the look. Though it would be nice if Tesla would show pictures of the other colors!

I am interested if these are still available. Thanks

I am interested if these are still available. Thanks

Sure thing -- see my post earlier on this page here: Custom 21" Arachnid wheels -- your choice of color

I've never used Roadie or uShip to ship wheels before (cross country), but I don't think it would be more than a few hundred bucks. It's also possible I might be able to change the delivery location to you.

I would prefer grey if you have not made a selection yet. I know that you are trying to understand the tax implications. Let me know. I am not in a big rush. If you changed the delivery location to Costa Mesa that would probably be easiest. Thanks.

I have emailed Tesla four times over the past 30 days at three different email addresses trying to get some information about the referral prizes and have received no replies. Has anyone had success contacting Tesla about the prizes? Specifically I'm interested to know if I can still get the black and red weekender bag that matches my car's interior (no longer appears as selection option) and I am asking about some logistical points regarding the wheels. Haven't even gotten a "We're looking into this" sort of reply.

I am getting nothing at all from my emails or verbals to the SC as to applicability to the Model X. I would like to use them on my X. If they are only for the S, I will have to find another home for them. Looking on the positive side, it might be another excuse for a delivery road trip!

I checked in with my local SC this weekend and they had absolutely no information/knowledge on the Arachnid wheels.
So I took it upon myself to educate them on the award program for 5 referrals ... hope they are ready to go next month! :cool:

Regarding the Model X, the wheels will fit perfectly:
21×8.5″ front wheel with a 245/35-21 Michelin PS2 tire and 21×9.0″ rear with a 265/35-21″ Michelin PS2 tire.

They keep sending me the option for the overnight bags when I had 3 referrals and should be getting an owners jacket. I've spoken to the global merchandizing person who has told me "they'll be reaching out to you soon" for the past 2 months. I'm guessing they must be overwhelmed or under staffed.