Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom 21" wheel change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I totally agree changin rimz r really personal thing, n the weight of rim 21" r heavy. I rather to keep 19" first to see. For mechanic side, if just change rims, wont affect alignment since not changing after market suspension or coilover. I dun see why would affect, if so easy have problem, then can tell the suspsension isnt tat good!

I was told a little different, it says if I change the aftermarket to the same RIM size and Tyre size, they won't void warranty even it is aftermarket. But that dosen't make any sense to me since the eager to change to a aftermarket with the same size is low. But any other size void the suspension and the drive train. (including the drive unit). This is highly not advisable if you look at the failure rate of Tesla drive train. probably 1/4 of the Tesla on the road have a drive unit failure and changed. In America, there are laws prevent anti-competition. If there is prove that the aftermarket part do cause damages otherwise it cannot void warranty because of using aftermarket parts. I did order a P85D with 21" wheel because of that, I ordered 19" earlier but changed order since I worry they would void warranty if I use aftermarket 20" which I planned for.