Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom badging

What kind of badging would you prefer on Model 3?

• None - I prefer the default stealth (Tesla logo only)

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • 'Model 3'

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • 'Model ☰'

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really don't like the word "Model" being in it at all. Seems really awkward for some reason.

And I can do without advertising what size battery pack I've bought like the S/X do now too.

I don't see an upside for changing the badgework, but as I replied in another thread - it's not high on my list, so whatever it comes with will be fine.

....And I can do without advertising what size battery pack I've bought like the S/X do now too. ....

So I don't get why people do this -- feel the need to remove badging. Is it that they somehow feel...what word to use?...bad about a 60 or 75 battery because it means they only paid $X (low end)...or don't want to advertise to co-workers/friends/neighbors, etc. that they have the 100 or P100D that they bought and it's something more expensive...or is it having a 60 or 75 and maybe wanting people to think you have a more expensive model and this way don't know and can pass off as one? Do Benz owners remove their badging to deflect what class version car they own? Is this unique to some Tesla owners? And I know the Model 3 doesn't badge the car with Model 3 or indicate battery size so really more of a S/X question here.

I'd say to most of the general public they view a Tesla as a cool new techy car but expensive regardless of what it cost. However at least in my area there are tons of Benz and Porsches out there these days which I guess were car "status" symbols before the Tesla came on the scene and long gone are the days when Cadillac had a connotation of weath.

Last edited:
Actually I wasn't advocating removing my badging - I'll stick with whatever comes when it comes. I've never seen the need to have an external badge to differentiate LR/SR on M3 as others have posted, elsewhere.

I wasn't thinking you were actually just that your comment prompted my thoughts about it and wanted to provide that reference point to comment from. :) I know when our car gets wrapped I'll have the opportunity to either go with the Tesla T or maybe there will be the spelled out name to customize. I definitely would want one or the other put on the trunk. For me it's a purely visual thing. I can understand the waxing issue if you do that and definitely you wouldn't want the spelled out in that case.

Clean without the T logo

Attachments

• 99836A73-C62F-4A25-A6E7-A661B550FD19.jpeg
    99836A73-C62F-4A25-A6E7-A661B550FD19.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 105