Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom Carbon Fiber Model S Manual/Document Case and Battery Demo Box

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I wait for delivery of my Model S in April or May I’ve been finding projects for my idle hands to do. My latest efforts are a custom case for the owner’s manual and other key documents and, taking inspiration from FlasherZ’s post, a small box to show the curious the kind of batteries used in the car.

Several months ago I had my local FedEx Office print and bind the Quick Guide for Owners, Owner Safety Information, New Vehicle Limited Warranty, and Roadside Assistance Folder. They came out quite well but after an exhaustive search I could not find a ready-made case of the right size. Most of the standard cases were way too large or two small. So I decided to make my own, custom-sized to fit the package of Tesla Model S documents. It’s made of styrene with a layer of 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber flex wrap.

The battery display box was a right-sized pen box that I adapted to show off four of the over 7,000 Panasonic batteries used in the 85P. I used the same 3M DiNoc on the top.

The Tesla logos used on both were made for me by a local shop that I’ve used in the past for these kinds of things. The have a sticky back and are very easy to adhere. Here are a few photos of the results.

These will go into my glove box when my Model S arrives. I trust they’ll look like they came with the car:)

DSC_3067.JPG

DSC_3069.JPG

DSC_3074.JPG

DSC_3054.JPG

DSC_3059.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_3068.JPG
    DSC_3068.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 818
Last edited:
Several months ago I had my local FedEx Office print and bind the Quick Guide for Owners, Owner Safety Information, New Vehicle Limited Warranty, and Roadside Assistance Folder. They came out quite well but after an exhaustive search I could not find a ready-made case of the right size. Most of the standard cases were way too large or two small. So I decided to make my own, custom-sized to fit the package of Tesla Model S documents. It’s made of styrene with a layer of 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber flex wrap.

The case you made is quite groovy! I hope it fits and the glove box closes with it in there. ;-)

Your car will come with the Mobile Connector Owners Manual, Owner Safety Information, New Vehicle Limited Warranty, Quick Guide for Owners, and Roadside Assistance/Instructions for Transporters card. They're not spiral bound, but probably make a more slender packet because of that, leaving more room in your case for other things. Anyway, if nothing else, it looks like you have room for the mobile connector manual in your case, which it sounds like is the only thing missing.

Anyway, well done, Artsci. :)

The case you made is quite groovy! I hope it fits and the glove box closes with it in there. ;-)

Your car will come with the Mobile Connector Owners Manual, Owner Safety Information, New Vehicle Limited Warranty, Quick Guide for Owners, and Roadside Assistance/Instructions for Transporters card. They're not spiral bound, but probably make a more slender packet because of that, leaving more room in your case for other things. Anyway, if nothing else, it looks like you have room for the mobile connector manual in your case, which it sounds like is the only thing missing.

Anyway, well done, Artsci. :)

Thanks. I hope it will fit in the glove box.