Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom "EQS" Style Ambient Dash LED Lighting Added

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JaeTheDev

Supporting Member
Jun 28, 2020
Westerly, RI
After seeing the EQS, I felt the Model Y Performance was lacking some “bling”. The one thing I hate about Teslas 3/Y is that the ambient lighting is lower and the aftermarket kits stink.

Therefor, I added some ambient lighting (Diode Dynamics LEDs) under the dash to glow into the lip where the HVAC expels. It’s on a toggle, has an app with full RGB, brightness control, as well as turns off and on automatically with the vehicle.

Came out great!

280091031_2683633605114725_6720814977579487515_n.jpg

280144609_2683633618448057_7410212429356954619_n.jpg

280115337_2683633655114720_6304506103468963935_n.jpg

280173631_2683633661781386_2685618394319085729_n.jpg

IMG_2035.jpeg

IMG_2036.jpeg

This looks fantastic and takes care of the one thing I doing like about the M3/MY: the dash area is just too dark for me! Do you have a write up of what all this took too accomplish??

We have a stickied thread in the model 3 subforum with multiple pics etc. The model Y is likely similar.

We have a stickied thread in the model 3 subforum with multiple pics etc. The model Y is likely similar.

Personally, I feel those Amazon tube style LEDs are trash. You can clearly see the tube and it makes the car look “cheap”, IMO.

I went out my way to find a solution to hide the LEDs, which are not tube style. During the day, you see nothing. At night, it’s a glow, not a lit up tube.

I didn’t dive into the write up, but are they hardwired and turn off with the vehicle? That’s a plus a if so.

Last edited:
Reactions: StoXto3toY
Personally, I feel those Amazon tube style LEDs are trash. You can clearly see the tube and it makes the car look “cheap”, IMO.

I went out my way to find a solution to hide the LEDs, which are not tube style. During the day, you see nothing. At night, it’s a glow, not a lit up tube.

I didn’t dive into the write up, but are they hardwired and turn off with the vehicle? That’s a plus a if so.
Maybe I missed it but did you link to where you got these from or was it the ones in that Model 3 thread?

Mentioned leaving them all all the time, are they only controllable via the app?

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Maybe I missed it but did you link to where you got these from or was it the ones in that Model 3 thread?

Mentioned leaving them all all the time, are they only controllable via the app?

As noted on my OP, its on a toggle switch as well can be turned off from an app. I just leave them on so when it gets dark, they are present. During the day, youd never know they were there.

I have zero to do with the Model 3 thread, as stated above in another comment, I think those Amazon style LED tube products are absolute trash. They look horrible IMO.

Mine are from Diode Dynamics. They make all sorts of LED strips. Heres a link to them.

As noted on my OP, its on a toggle switch as well can be turned off from an app. I just leave them on so when it gets dark, they are present. During the day, youd never know they were there.

I have zero to do with the Model 3 thread, as stated above in another comment, I think those Amazon style LED tube products are absolute trash. They look horrible IMO.

Mine are from Diode Dynamics. They make all sorts of LED strips. Heres a link to them.

Did you use the 100cm length?

Yikes those are expensive with the controller