Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom Insert for USB Port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I had a new stereo installed in my 2010 Roadster Sport they also fabricated this custom piece to give me a surface mount USB port where the old phone charger was. They can make them in bulk if you're interested.

IMG_1267.jpg

Reactions: Roadster
Yes that's pretty much the gist of it. As luck would have it, the shop that made it will have my car tomorrow for a clear bra repair so they'll document the plate to replicate it. DM me your info and I'll send you one. They won't be very expensive.

So underneath it plugs into the old style charger and you have a plate with an updated USB? If so I'm interested in one.

Wait, what? You can convert the iPod dock to USB? What does one get - charging only, or audio too?

That said, I have found a good windshield (suction) phone mount that puts the phone in a really good place, visually. The down-side is that I have stringy cables between it and an Accessory outlet USB charger, and depend on Bluetooth for the audio side (and the BT module in the car is starting to get flaky). I have the original JVC Kenwood NXD505 Audio / Nav unit.