Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom Light Show isn’t Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone gotten this to work in a M3LR with just the single glovebox usb. I tried the partitioning in post 2 and nada. It does recognize the usb and will also recognize multiple partitions, so not sure where I am going wrong if it is even possible at this point.

Noticed something else tonight, I was using a USB hub I bought from RPMTesla, made for the glove compartment. Custom Light show would NOT read until I removed the USB hub and connected the thumb drive directly. If yours isn't working, and you have a usb hub hooked up, try removing the USB Hub.

I have a Mid September 2022 MY-LR and try as I might can NOT get ANY custom light-shows to work, as of todays date 22/11/22 (the pre-loaded 2021 xmas L-show works every time) I have, believe me, tried every permitation of formatting, flash-drives, re-naming, only using glovebox usb port (with and without ext.hub etc) that has been posted as so-called fixes on many forums, u-tube etc. ALL have done absolutely nothing but waste my time and cause emence frustration (as you can surmise from this rant! 🤯) Can somebody point me to any official (Tesla) post that confirms this feature is no longer working and/or has been deleted?? FYI, I have around 6 pre-loaded, purchased, flash-drives that do not work either! Save my sanity please 🥴 PS. the mp3/wav files are recognised via the usb port and will play ok, but nothing else? A phrase containing the words, WALL, BANGING, BRICK and HEAD comes to mind 🤕 🧱

Last edited:
Have both lightshow files on the properly formatted LightShow folder usb, when I plug it into the 21MY glove box port, the toy box light show doesn’t recognize it. And it only shows the 2 Tesla LS.
When inserted into the usb drive It starts to flash red and the red light remains steady.

After it fails, I then find usb on the launcher, the wav file shows up and it does play inside the car and the red light pulsates as it plays but lightshow still doesn’t recognize it. My head hurts…any advice would be greatly appreciate, thank you and happy new year to all

Reactions: EV-Head
Have both lightshow files on the properly formatted LightShow folder usb, when I plug it into the 21MY glove box port, the toy box light show doesn’t recognize it. And it only shows the 2 Tesla LS.
When inserted into the usb drive It starts to flash red and the red light remains steady.

After it fails, I then find usb on the launcher, the wav file shows up and it does play inside the car and the red light pulsates as it plays but lightshow still doesn’t recognize it. My head hurts…any advice would be greatly appreciate, thank you and happy new year to all
I've tried everything. Every time I get a software upgrade, I hope I can get them to work, but no success. Now when I try it, the car actually recognizes the custom USB. When I exit the vehicle the windows start to go down and it does nothing. I guess I'll never get to see anything but the holiday show.

Reactions: EV-Head
I've tried everything. Every time I get a software upgrade, I hope I can get them to work, but no success. Now when I try it, the car actually recognizes the custom USB. When I exit the vehicle the windows start to go down and it does nothing. I guess I'll never get to see anything but the holiday show.
I found out my error, yes operator error. Usb is formatted, then inside of it I added folder LightShow, them dropped the 2 files lightshow.fseq and lightshow.wav into it and then it works via the center console usb c with usb adapter. My error was the internal file was not LightShow ASI made a case typo. Now all is good. Thank Team Tesla Owners

This is the same issue I'm having. It see it and says exit to see the show, the windows roll down and the speakers make a pretty loud "thump" sound. Then everything goes black and it does nothing.

Also, are you getting the same results when you swap the usb to center console and also the glove box? If so start over. I’ve been able to use the usb sticks from a Mac’s and a pc. I also downloaded only the zip file section and not the lower section with separate fseq and wav files.

I found out my error, yes operator error. Usb is formatted, then inside of it I added folder LightShow, them dropped the 2 files lightshow.fseq and lightshow.wav into it and then it works via the center console usb c with usb adapter. My error was the internal file was not LightShow ASI made a case typo. Now all is good. Thank Team Tesla Owners
Where do you find the two files that are needed?