Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom Light Shows - No longer working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Afternoon All,

My model 3 no longer recognises the custom light show installed on my USB stick. My model 3 is running the latest software update, 2022.4.5.2 and it seems it has stopped since this update.

I have re-formatted the USB stick, tried a different one and ensured everything is named correctly, but it won't recognise it. it worked perfectly last week!

Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas how to fix, or has Tesla stopped them?

Thanks in advance.

@Raesy just tried mine. Touched start show and custom show came up and worked.. must be a bug. I’m only on 4.5 though.

Oh really? How annoying!!

I’ve just tried again and it won’t do it. In the apps screen it’s seeing the USB stick as the option comes up and I can play the .wav file or .mp3 file, it’s almost like it’s stopped reading the other one.

I’ve changed nothing other than the update.

Oh really? How annoying!!

I’ve just tried again and it won’t do it. In the apps screen it’s seeing the USB stick as the option comes up and I can play the .wav file or .mp3 file, it’s almost like it’s stopped reading the other one.

I’ve changed nothing other than the update.
You could try downloading a different show and see if that works

Well I was feeling helpful so I just went out in the rain to check and indeed, mine just says light show....although it wouldn't even load that up (possibly because its charging?) but definitely wasn't interested in loading my custom light show that has been plugged in for weeks now.

Hopefully just a bug and not an intentional removal of 3rd party light shows, because quite frankly some of them are awesome.

Well I was feeling helpful so I just went out in the rain to check and indeed, mine just says light show....although it wouldn't even load that up (possibly because its charging?) but definitely wasn't interested in loading my custom light show that has been plugged in for weeks now.

Hopefully just a bug and not an intentional removal of 3rd party light shows, because quite frankly some of them are awesome.
Thank you for going out in this quite frankly horrid weather to check :)

I’m glad it’s not just me being stupid then. As I’ve said above they worked fine and then all of a sudden won’t recognise the file. Assume you’re on the latest firmware?

I hope not too as whilst they’re a gimmick, they’re a pretty cool party piece.

If I don't get to do the Knight Rider light show I will be absolutely raging. 5 year old me was thoroughly excited for this.
I was like an excited puppy when I came across it. Kids of today have no idea what it is, but my inner kid loves it.

When you’re on the latest firmware could you check and post again? Mine worked prior to latest update.
Yes absolutely, when that'll be is anyone's guess though.

Now i'm very confused, because my car is as up to date as it will allow me to be right now, which apparently is 2021.44.30.14 according to the app...

But my custom Knight Rider show does NOT work.
That is very strange. We're both on the same version and mine is working. Might not be the software after all...

Maybe try another USB device and see if that makes any difference?