Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom Light Shows - No longer working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I was feeling helpful so I just went out in the rain to check and indeed, mine just says light show....although it wouldn't even load that up (possibly because its charging?) but definitely wasn't interested in loading my custom light show that has been plugged in for weeks now.

Hopefully just a bug and not an intentional removal of 3rd party light shows, because quite frankly some of them are awesome.
what s/w version, 4.5 or 4.5.1

Now i'm very confused, because my car is as up to date as it will allow me to be right now, which apparently is 2021.44.30.14 according to the app...

But my custom Knight Rider show does NOT work.

Does your car recognise the USB now as a music device and show the night rider music track?

That’s what mine is doing, despite the file being called lightshow it shows the track name.

Somethings changed for sure.

I'm off tomorrow so if I get a chance to look at this in more detail I will. All I know for sure right now is that, I have played the lightshow multiple times, and the usb stick has just been sitting there plugged in ever since. So nothing has changed in that regard.

I'm off tomorrow so if I get a chance to look at this in more detail I will. All I know for sure right now is that, I have played the lightshow multiple times, and the usb stick has just been sitting there plugged in ever since. So nothing has changed in that regard.

I’ve tried so many things now and I just cannot get it to work, including rebooting the system. It always recognises the USB stick and the music track attached, which I’m not sure it did before, but just will not load the show. Be interested to see how you get on.

Can you check the formatting of the mp3 file. I was looking into this yesterday as honestly, the light show is one of the things I was most looking forward to. Another user found out his mp3 file had .mp3 already included in the file type so when he was renaming it, it was ending up as lightshow.mp3.mp3 and wasn't opening.

Can you check the formatting of the mp3 file. I was looking into this yesterday as honestly, the light show is one of the things I was most looking forward to. Another user found out his mp3 file had .mp3 already included in the file type so when he was renaming it, it was ending up as lightshow.mp3.mp3 and wasn't opening.
Yeah it’s named correctly, it worked fine, I changed nothing and then it stopped.

Reactions: Rocko
giphy.gif

Reactions: Raesy
Hello! Was there a solution to this? I created a custom light show late December and it worked fine at that time. I recently tried to run it again and now it's not detecting "Custom Light Show". I did everything in this thread including rebooting, double checking mp3 file extension, reformatting the USB drive, validating the lightshow.fseq file and everything is fine. Is it a bug that some people have with the cars? I have an older Model 3. Thank you for any insight!

Hello! Was there a solution to this? I created a custom light show late December and it worked fine at that time. I recently tried to run it again and now it's not detecting "Custom Light Show". I did everything in this thread including rebooting, double checking mp3 file extension, reformatting the USB drive, validating the lightshow.fseq file and everything is fine. Is it a bug that some people have with the cars? I have an older Model 3. Thank you for any insight!

Hi,

So the fix is to remove the USB stick and then do a reboot by holding both scroll wheels in. Once rebooted plug the USB back in and it’ll work.

If you update your car to a new firmware you’ll need to do this process again.

Hope that makes sense and works for you.

Hi,

So the fix is to remove the USB stick and then do a reboot by holding both scroll wheels in. Once rebooted plug the USB back in and it’ll work.

If you update your car to a new firmware you’ll need to do this process again.

Hope that makes sense and works for you.
Hi, Yes, I did try that multiple times how you described (removing the USB, rebooting, and plugging back in). I guess I'll wait for the next software update and hope it works again. Thank you for your quick response!