Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom made carbon fiber splash guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After adding my wheel spacers I started to notice I was getting rock chips near the rear door so I began looking for some sort of splash/mud guards for the model s. I was surprised to find there wasn't anything available outside of the modified universal ones. The model 3 on the other hand had some carbon fiber options. I decided to try to fabricate my own. I made a template out of cardboard then cut it out of a sheet of matte carbon plate that matched the OEM performance spoiler and my interior trim. Thought I'd share to inspire others if they are feeling handy. They are attached by 2 push clips in the fender liner locations and 3m double sided tape near the edge of the fender to help the carbon form to the contour of the fender and add extra support.
i-WHBnZBD-X2.jpg

i-qpJMVzD-X2.jpg

i-CmqMVWr-X2.jpg

i-FBP45Qj-X2.jpg

Thanks, it's 1/16" thick carbon fiber so I'd think it should be pretty resilient. Also was thinking about maybe covering the inside with some sort of material to reduce any noises like the carpet type fender liner material but we'll see at a future point if I want to revise my design.

Thanks, it's 1/16" thick carbon fiber so I'd think it should be pretty resilient. Also was thinking about maybe covering the inside with some sort of material to reduce any noises like the carpet type fender liner material but we'll see at a future point if I want to revise my design.

You could also stop by a local stereo shop to get dynamat or another sound dampening material.

great job!
was wondering if you would be willing to share your template dimensions?
Not sure if i'll share my template publicly but I can give some general sizes
Wow, love it! Would you sell a set? Also which well spacers are you running?
Thanks, I might consider making another pair if it was worth my time. I'm running the motorsport-tech 20mm spacers
Nice...Could you post a template or just overall height and width?
I can get the height and width later on
Nice Lexus IS-F
Good eye, most people wouldn't have recognized that's what it was.

A problem to watch out for using CF in this application is that it's terribly rigid.

If you just brush it up against a curb it will likely tear the flap from the car, or rip its fasteners out. There's no "give" or flex compliance that rubber affords you if you brush against something.

One thing you might consider is using rubber cushioned mounting hardware, rather than firmly fastening these flaps to the fender.