Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom monoblock forged wheels Info - new discussion thread

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
For reference locked thread here: Custom monoblock forged wheels Info

======================================================
Moderator note:

General moderaton content

As requested, I have locked the previous thread with this title and started a new thread. There is obvious passion to discuss aftermarket wheels on these boards, and that is obviously allowed. With that being said, there is a lot of discussion / debate on specifics in these threads, and much of it starts devolving into personal attacks between members on both sides.

After receiving multiple repeated reports on both threads (martian wheels and this one), please consider this a general public warning to keep any disagreements civil, on thread topic, and stay away from personal attacks. Its also "not ok" to rile up a disagreement, then start reporting posts that one doesnt agree with after riling up said disagreement.

I get the passion around the topic, but the discussion should be able to be had with respect on both sides. I dont want to have to "throw the baby out with the bathwater" regarding this thread but will do so to prevent repeated reports, attacks, etc.

Thank you for understanding
=======================================================

D Unit

Dec 3, 2020
Bay Area, CA
Thanks so much for starting the last thread. I contacted JovaWheels about making specs for a Model S and am currently discussing bolt pattern, the rear pocket holes, hub core, monoblock forged, and powder coat. You had a positive experience, right? Anything I should watch out for?

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
Does anyone have this type of information for the Model S? View attachment 626569

If you reach out to Kate from Jova, she should be able to get you something. That is from my design; those hubs are pretty small and rated at 750kg. I would definitely look for the design with the flares on the spokes because it has a bigger hub as well from what I could tell from their pics... It looks more like the titan ts5.

D Unit

Dec 3, 2020
Bay Area, CA
Can you help me out. Which wheel on the jovawheels website are you referring to?

This looks like a BBS CIR replica but they says it's fully forged. Also, I am trying to have them make it in a 21x10 and 21x11 size.

WASD

Apr 11, 2019
Mission Hills
They can replicate any wheel you want. If you speak to Kate who's contact info is in the old thread, she should be able to help you. I got a set of wheels made for my model s and it was not in their catalog.

D Unit

Dec 3, 2020
Bay Area, CA
Really? What wheels did you copy? How were they able to copy a wheel without having the designs? Do they only need a picture of it? Sorry for all the questions, but I am chatting with Windy right now and discussing the specs as I type this.

Reactions: Sam1

TwoK4drSi

Apr 3, 2019
DFW
They can replicate any wheel you want. If you speak to Kate who's contact info is in the old thread, she should be able to help you. I got a set of wheels made for my model s and it was not in their catalog.
This comment directly refers to promotion of stolen design from one manufacturer to another. Copyright and trademark. @jjrandorin

• Disagree
Reactions: WesC and dsgerbc

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
Wanted to post the contact info for them so it's on the first page for anyone interested. (copied from the other thread).

I have no vested interest with this company in any way. Was just trying to find alternative options for parts that weren't previously available.

www.jovawheels.com is the company. The lady I have been talking to that got the design created, and photos/wire transfers etc. she goes by Kate and her WhatsApp # is +86 135 5608 6699 It would be cool if you can send your questions/business through her, because she has been extremely helpful through this process.

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 7.16.53 PM.png

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
(moderator note: Its my opinion that "they can make whatever you want" is a fairly innocent statement and doesnt break any copyright laws etc. With that being said, there really shouldnt be any discussion of specifics of what they might or might not copy in detail here, other than in general terms. Finally, aftermarket wheels is not a subject I am interested in, so it is not a thread I read in general. )

D Unit

Dec 3, 2020
Bay Area, CA
Dealing with JovaWheels has been a very pleasant experience so far. I was able to choose a certain design that was not in their catalog and then spec'd it out for my needs. Rather than working with Kate, I worked with Windy who seemed very knowledgeable too. I made sure to specify all the stuff I learned from the last thread...

Tesla Model S
10jx20 ET32
11jx20 ET30
5x120
rear pocket holes
wheel studs - 14mm dia.x 1.5mm pitch, w/ 60° bevel on bearing face
18mm lug holes
64.1mm center bore
Tire Knurling (Anti-Slip Bead Seat Knurling)
"FORGED" engraved on opposite side of wheel stem. I even told them to use TESLA lettering... LOL.
Tesla Center Caps in aluminum (color match)
center cap sits flush

I also removed all the brand logos from the wheels and I expect it to look slightly different since I basically chose custom widths, offsets, color, center caps, tire knurling feature, etc.

Reactions: Sam1

TwoK4drSi

Apr 3, 2019
DFW
(moderator note: Its my opinion that "they can make whatever you want" is a fairly innocent statement and doesnt break any copyright laws etc. With that being said, there really shouldnt be any discussion of specifics of what they might or might not copy in detail here, other than in general terms. Finally, aftermarket wheels is not a subject I am interested in, so it is not a thread I read in general. )
For anyone that wants to follow their YT channel and see their factory and how they make wheels

Last edited:

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
Dealing with JovaWheels has been a very pleasant experience so far. I was able to choose a certain design that was not in their catalog and then spec'd it out for my needs. Rather than working with Kate, I worked with Windy who seemed very knowledgeable too. I made sure to specify all the stuff I learned from the last thread...

Tesla Model S
10jx20 ET32
11jx20 ET30
5x120
rear pocket holes
wheel studs - 14mm dia.x 1.5mm pitch, w/ 60° bevel on bearing face
18mm lug holes
64.1mm center bore
Tire Knurling (Anti-Slip Bead Seat Knurling)
"FORGED" engraved on opposite side of wheel stem. I even told them to use TESLA lettering... LOL.
Tesla Center Caps in aluminum (color match)
center cap sits flush

I also removed all the brand logos from the wheels and I expect it to look slightly different since I basically chose custom widths, offsets, color, center caps, tire knurling feature, etc.

It's definitely cool working directly with a manufacturer that can build you what you want instead of having to rely on a handful of designs.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC