Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Custom monoblock forged wheels Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoK4drSi

Apr 3, 2019
DFW
Would these be considered safe for normal driving? I don’t plan on tracking my car but may go to the drag strip once or twice. It seems like some people are concerned with the integrity of these.
Just got my signature wheels. Weight right on the money WITH center caps and finish. 20x9. Zero track failures with their ford racing program. Buy once and never doubt
5611D7F9-437F-43BA-82D2-0EE789D47677.jpeg

Last edited:

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
Would these be considered safe for normal driving? I don’t plan on tracking my car but may go to the drag strip once or twice. It seems like some people are concerned with the integrity of these.

It wouldn't matter what you posted around here, people will hate on the idea. They don't know anything about the company, but are making assertions based on a preconceived idea that because it didn't come from 1 of 2 popular companies, they must be substandard quality. I've already had the wheels on for around 1,000 miles and it has seen 145mph on the limiter for close to 30 seconds straight and at least 50 full throttle launches already. I personally would not be cornering on a track at race speeds with sticky tires, because the hubs are obviously not designed for that, they are thin.

I have zero concerns with them for street use or straight line racing and have absolutely no vested interest in whether anyone else buys a set or not.

As for how long they took for shipping, can't remember exactly because mine were sitting there for a week or two since I forgot to send the remaining balance lol.

• Love
Reactions: scubastevo80
Looks good. How was the fitment? Lugs sit fine?

I bought these lugnut/locks: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SF8ES8E
And these TPMS: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0768S4SXR (no programming needed for my Model S, not sure about the 3)

No problems with them at all. TPMS went on fine, tires went on fine, seated on the hub correctly, lugs seated perfectly. Paint job was very good too, I was not expecting that. In my experience satin black is hard to get right.

Reactions: Visionary
Very nice. What's the price and size? I might just copy your order.

Specs are 20x9 +34, with all the features as shared by others in this thread, glossy gunmetal. PM me for what they charged.

You're welcome to use the design, but since this is fully customizable, I recommend having some fun with the design. Find a style you like and add features from other wheels.

I HIGHLY recommend you contact Kate to order. Her info is in this thread posted by @Sam1. She has been terrific to work with and it's been super smooth.

Reactions: Atraf and Sam1

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
Uh oh...looks like Jova wheels is claiming and etching TUV stamping in their wheels when they aren’t. Must of taken a page from Martian wheels.
What’s up with these companies claiming something they aren’t. #marketinglies

Certificate Search – TÜV AUSTRIA | TÜV Österreich

Let's clear a few things up:

1. I have no clue what your unhealthy obsession is with trying to constantly degrade everyone that is buying a different product than you got, but please stop.

2. Everyone on the internet knows you purchased signature wheels, that you paid a lot of money for them, and that you have read their provided information on the website, and that you 'cant find any instance of a failure on the internet'

3. You don't appear to understand everything a TUV certification entails.

4. The reason you don't see jova listed while using your "expert internet investigatory" skills, is because the TUV certification is from the blank manufacturer... Ya know, to ensure that the manufacturer of those blanks is QC'd by a third party, so you get a proper product, instead of jova saying these are forged wheels, and you look at the hub to see completely open metal grain on the hub like photos of the alien wheels appear to be showing.

5. Please, do us all a favor and leave us be in this thread. Save face, and save us the uneducated, attempted harassment you're throwing our way. I would have been more than happy to answer your question if you just asked instead of accused, because I had already inquired with jova on all of their certifications.

Thanks!

Let's clear a few things up:

1. I have no clue what your unhealthy obsession is with trying to constantly degrade everyone that is buying a different product than you got, but please stop.

2. Everyone on the internet knows you purchased signature wheels, that you paid a lot of money for them, and that you have read their provided information on the website, and that you 'cant find any instance of a failure on the internet'

3. You don't appear to understand everything a TUV certification entails.

4. The reason you don't see jova listed while using your "expert internet investigatory" skills, is because the TUV certification is from the blank manufacturer... Ya know, to ensure that the manufacturer of those blanks is QC'd by a third party, so you get a proper product, instead of jova saying these are forged wheels, and you look at the hub to see completely open metal grain on the hub like photos of the alien wheels appear to be showing.

5. Please, do us all a favor and leave us be in this thread. Save face, and save us the uneducated, attempted harassment you're throwing our way. I would have been more than happy to answer your question if you just asked instead of accused, because I had already inquired with jova on all of their certifications.

Thanks!

I agree @TwoK4drSi went a little far, but you are also being a snowflake that couldn’t face the criticism lol... if Jova shows all the proper document on certification, there’s no reason for him to be here at all. It’s open market and people can read and decide if they want the product, there’s no reason to tell someone to leave when he simply pointing out some “potential” marketing error.

BTW, I’m not the expert in TUV, but you said the blank was certified just doesn’t make any sense...from what I’ve read ( HRE Wheel),
83692F6B-DC48-4712-96A2-8D8A0C7D0657.jpeg

it has to be tested with specific design and specs. Testing the blank are useless unless you run uncut blank on your car?

From few thread back, I believe @Mash might have some Chinese manufacture background that could chime in and share some info?

Last but not least, I think this is a healthy conversation for all of us to learn more about manufacture process and certifications..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC