Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I just placed an order for a new Model S, to be delivered to the center closest to me between Jan-March.

However, I see that the exact same build I ordered is actually in inventory at the second closest location to me, which is only about an additional 20-30 minutes away from the location I was assigned (this is within the same state).

Do you think that Tesla will automatically allocate me that car, or should I call and ask to transfer my deposit to the “in-stock” vehicle? I personally think it makes more logistical sense for their system to match me to the already in-stock exact build near me, but I’m not sure exactly what their philosophy is for this. Thoughts?

You can actually change your order to accept the available car. I was in the same boat as you, but I realized that the available vehicle doesn't have the latest minor revisions which includes the upgraded brake calipers. Unless you care for these minor updates, I believe it's safe to take possession of the available car.

Upvote 0