Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom Orders for S/X show 3 month wait for delivery now...is a big change coming soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received my confirmation for a custom built Model X 100D, ordered here in Norway. Before I received the confirmation, it said delivery by late December, now it says late December/January. I guess there has been a lot of Model X and S ordered by Norwegian buyers the last month, since Tesla teamed up with one of the larger banks in Norway, offering a $4.000 cash payment when placing the order of a new S/X, and the rest of the cost as a loan with only 0,25% interest (usually a car heavily financed with loans will mean around 4-5% interest), so this deal has definitely prompted byers to act before the offer ended on Oct. 12th.

At the same time, on October 12th, the Norwegian government suggested a new $10.000 "weight-tax" on the Model X effective from January 1st 2018, and this has also prompted at lot of Norwegians to order the car before the tax is potentially effective. However, the parliament has yet to vote over the tax, and it might be dropped.

About 20% of all new cars sold in Norway in September this year, were EVs, so the demand is high, and I believe that the two issues mentioned above also affect the waiting-time for new Teslas for the next few months...

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV
@lunitiks I can’t find a list with option codes like the ones you mentioned above. I don’t know if the following list will help you, but here’s what I ordered;

Model X 100D
All-wheel drive
Obsidian black metallic paint
20” silver wheels
Black premium interior
Carbon fiber upgrade
Front console
Dark headliner
High amperage charger
Enhanced autopilot
Full self-driving capability
Premium upgrades package
Smart air suspension
Seven seat interior
20” silver wheels with studded tires (probably supplied when the car arrives in Norway).

No what I meant was if you could try to find those options in the URL for the jpeg-image in your MyTesla page. Right click the image, open image in a new tab and your URL should provide a bunch of such codes.

There are other ways too but I've forgotten