Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom Paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you get something like this done? Would love to have this for next Fourth of July.
Dave

I think it was done by "designer wraps":
Incompatible Browser | Facebook
180983_492422771579_58574121579_6735356_5891869_n.jpg

The Smart looks HUUUUGE compared to the Roadster.

Yeah, the Roadster is short. I vividly remember my first drive in my new car, and finding at a stop light that I was looking UP at the license plate on a Ford Focus.

But although it is short, I do believe the Roadster is actually significantly bigger than the Smart, in terms of length, width, and total internal volume. The camera angle posted just makes it look a lot smaller.

I remember the first day when I saw the Roadster at my test drive.
The sales manager asked me what was my first impression and I was like "WTF!? It's crazy low!" I don't think that was the answer he wanted to hear.

Anyone have experience/advice on aftermarket paint jobs? I'm waiting on delivery of an all-yellow 2.5 sport with black rims. Thinking it might need some accents to bring out the body lines but I've heard that there are complications when dealing with the carbon fiber body panels.

And to think that the Smart looks really small compared to a typical car.
Um, have you ever actually seen a Smart on the road? They're taller than the SUVs around here! My friend tells me that what I'm calling an SUV is actually a crossover, but the point is that the Smart has a huge aerodynamic drag area and that's visually obvious. Every time I see a Smart on the I-90, I think "Dumb." They're designed for 30 mph or below and city-only driving. Buying a Smart for a 30-minute commute at 60 mph is quite wasteful of energy.

P.S. I was wondering: What is the color of your Roadster, VFX? Copper? What's the official name of the paint color?