Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom pano roof install options for same color roof?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI all,

I purchased a 2017 Tesla Model S with no pano or moon roof. It has. Has anyone installed a pano roof or moon roof on your tesla that didn't come with it?

I'm already out of warranty so that doesn't concern me too much but wanted to see if anyone had rough idea on pricing and if it would compromise the roof? As I did my research, it looks like it can be plug and play from getting another Tesla S pano roof and swap it/seal it.

I have tan interior and really don't like the tan roof and would the pano/glass roof look if I can get it custom fitted. Other option would be to change the top headliner to black but the reupholster quote I got was 1K, so if it was possible to do a glass roof for a little more I'd rather do that.

Its going to be a lot of work but anything can be done with money and time. We will be starting to remove our PANO roof on our Signature Model S to add the all glass roof. Once we complete this retrofit, we will be able to do what you want.

@Rockwell let us know when you do!

i don’t have a pano roof or anything as mine is just same color roof. I was thinking of trying to pull one off a junk yard and custom fabricate it from there. Let me know how much you’d charge to do it for a same color roof! Would be willing to do it if the price isn’t too hefty