Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom Roadster Paint Destroyed... What To Do Next?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys. I'm a little down right now because some drunk fool has basically completely destroyed the custom paint job on my Roadster.

The story I heard from a witness is that a drunk bicyclist sideswiped the car, which is currently painted a custom matte gray. After weeks of attempting to find a repair, I have given up, as it seems a deep scratch in matte paint simply cannot be repaired by any known means.

That being said, I've come to the conclusion that I will need to repaint or wrap the entire car to resolve the problem of this one scratch. Ugh.

I'm considering a few options, such as wrapping the car in one of those new FlexiShield Cosmetic PPF films (I love the "galaxy" color, but it might be too much on the Roadster). Another option that I'm considering is paying the big bucks to restore the car to it's original paint color, which unfortunately, is a somewhat boring silver color.

I'm really not sure guys. I would love any input as to what color you guys would like to see a Roadster in. Thanks ahead of time for your input :)

Attachments

• IMG_930A716D5087-1.jpeg
    IMG_930A716D5087-1.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 223
Oh man, I sorry to hear this. That was a really nice paint job! Would it be possible to repaint just the trunk lid?

I think your matte color is better than the original paint.
If you did decide to go with a custom paint job I think a gulf livery would be nice. I don't think I have seen that on a roadster yet.

Reactions: eHorses
Thanks for the input guys. Since the paint is matte, every paint professional in town has told me that the finish match on any repainted panels will not look 100% right. However, since it appears to be the only option that makes any sense, I think I might just do something like @Bunnak suggested and have the scratched panel repainted, and then cover the whole car in a matte PPF to hide the mismatched finish. I've got an appointment at the end of the month with a professional who should be able to offer some suggestions. For now, I guess I could have bigger problems than a scratch on my supercar ;-)