Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom Telsa Number Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In MA we have this option for a vanity plate:

image.png

While kind of cool, I'm in the "I don't want to call additional attention to the car" club.
I'm not going with a red body color either.

Reactions: LGGD and bradjc
After vacillating for some time I have decided not to go with personal plates. I did however have some ideas so others are welcome to them if they like them. First I considered NO ICE or NOTICE as a great inside nod for Tesla owners. For the Tesla owner that has everything I was thinking a pigeon pair of plates EXCES5 and EXCE55 for a matching Model X and Model S.

Image.jpg

Just received our Model X. New plates on the way
Hi all

Just wanted to get onto this forum and see what other cool plates are out there, i just ordered mine last night for when the Model 3 comes, it works for just Telsa but also works well with the Model 3 so win win i thought

I was more than surprised it was still available to be honest.
Now the wait for when i can get a Tesla of my own to give this plate a home
View attachment 114284

Reactions: RichardMcN and ne0x
I've occasionally thought about getting vanity plates for my Model 3 when I get it sometime before the end of this decade... but have similar reservations as others have expressed here, namely why do I want to draw even more attention to the car, and often vanity plates just make you look like a complete wanker unless they are particularly creative.

One thing that I find truly idiotic are vanity plates that repeat what is already badged on the car. I'm sorry, but when people pay $400 a year for that, it's the stupid tax. "FORD" on a Ford. Yes we know it's a Ford, it has a badge on it saying so. "928S" on a Porsche. No *sugar*, Einstein, it says that too on the badge.

So as great a Tesla is, "TESLA" on a Tesla is just a waste of money, as is "P90D" and similar when it already says that in silver letters just up a bit and to the right.

No doubt I'll annoy a lot of people with such rude commentary. Thumbs down and all. Each to their own, eh.

I've occasionally thought about getting vanity plates for my Model 3 when I get it sometime before the end of this decade... but have similar reservations as others have expressed here, namely why do I want to draw even more attention to the car, and often vanity plates just make you look like a complete wanker unless they are particularly creative.

One thing that I find truly idiotic are vanity plates that repeat what is already badged on the car. I'm sorry, but when people pay $400 a year for that, it's the stupid tax. "FORD" on a Ford. Yes we know it's a Ford, it has a badge on it saying so. "928S" on a Porsche. No *sugar*, Einstein, it says that too on the badge.

So as great a Tesla is, "TESLA" on a Tesla is just a waste of money, as is "P90D" and similar when it already says that in silver letters just up a bit and to the right.

No doubt I'll annoy a lot of people with such rude commentary. Thumbs down and all. Each to their own, eh.

I think you will find that owning a Tesla garners a degree of attention with or without vanity plate.
I expected the attention to dissipate and attention has reduced in the nearly three years but daily I get people pointing and gawking. The questions have dried up as most people know whet it is by now.

You're sort of right.
Anyway, I'm too stingy to pay $400/yr for a piece of stamped steel. I wish they'd make it a one-off charge.