Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors, NEW batch for 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any way to tell which rotors are installed in a roadster?

I would also be curious to heard feedback on these improved brakes. I understand that they improve breaking power but in my experience (and this may just be due to the terrible roads in SoCal), the biggest problem is actually traction on the road. The brakes stop the tires just fine, but with bad road surfaces the car seems to lose grip at that point.

Been meaning for ages to post a thank you to Dave as a happy customer. Received the new rotors, they look so good and well engineered that I could not decide whether to put them on the Roadster on hang them on the wall as artwork!

They are now fitted and after a quite a few miles (500?) the new rotors and pads work really well - more initial bite and overall better stopping power. They look great fitted as well.

I'm not in the Bay Area, but any reputable auto shop should be able to attend to them. Best if they work on Lotus, I suppose, but the key is that they use a jack properly and not try to throw the car up on the lift. I had a small local shop do mine, and worked with the mechanic on the details before giving him the keys. The "how to" instructions on one of these threads provided enough info to keep him out of trouble.

The only issue we had was with the brakes "clacking" due to the adhesive not working. Dave now supplies an appropriate pad, and that finally did the trick.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Hey everyone. I have been out of rotor sets for a little while and folks are starting to ask about them I have started a new list for the next batch of 15 cars worth, looks like I have 2 folks who are on the list at this time. As usual, I need to get enough commitment to get these going since it's all front end loaded and I pay to get parts made. When I get 10 folks committed I'l be able to confirm prices and set every thing in motion. If I could place the order today, the prices would be the same as earlier this year, $1725 for rotor sets and $320 for pad sets.

Feel free to e-mail if you are interested or post on this thread,
Dave
[email protected]

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Hey everyone. I have been out of rotor sets for a little while and folks are starting to ask about them I have started a new list for the next batch of 15 cars worth, looks like I have 2 folks who are on the list at this time. As usual, I need to get enough commitment to get these going since it's all front end loaded and I pay to get parts made. When I get 10 folks committed I'l be able to confirm prices and set every thing in motion. If I could place the order today, the prices would be the same as earlier this year, $1725 for rotor sets and $320 for pad sets.

Feel free to e-mail if you are interested or post on this thread,
Dave
[email protected]

please add me to your list. committed.

I am getting a set of rotors going at this time. Only doing 15 cars of rotors and it may be the last batch since interest has fallen off and prices are getting so hard to keep down. PM if you are interested in getting on on a set, I have a number still available.

Current pricing:
$1795 4 rotors/hats
$320 G-loc pad set/4 wheels

I am taking payment to make this small order happen and I expect they will all sell out soon. PM or e-mail me and we can make arrangements.
Dave
[email protected]

I am getting a set of rotors going at this time. Only doing 15 cars of rotors and it may be the last batch since interest has fallen off and prices are getting so hard to keep down. PM if you are interested in getting on on a set, I have a number still available.

Current pricing:
$1795 4 rotors/hats
$320 G-loc pad set/4 wheels

I am taking payment to make this small order happen and I expect they will all sell out soon. PM or e-mail me and we can make arrangements.
Dave
[email protected]
Hi Dave, I just sent you an email for an order. Thank you.