Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors, NEW batch for 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is no longer a daily, but decided that it deserves this after almost 12 years on its original set. Just pulled the trigger and can't wait to install them!

I wouldn't dare to drive the car without them; I just put on painted calipers and we had to bleed the brakes and never really tried a dead stop hitting the brakes really hard and its not good at all with the original rotors and brakes; car is wound up to be in a front end collision.

Have you had any close calls with the oem rotors? braking not slowing down or came extremely close to a front end collision in the 12 years you had the car?

Have you had any close calls with the oem rotors? braking not slowing down or came extremely close to a front end collision in the 12 years you had the car?

Way too many to remember. The worst was at speed in the left lane of a tollway when an F-250 in front of me slammed their brakes to avoid something in front of them. I pushed my OEM brakes for what they were worth, and realized I wasn't going to make it. Swerved into the shoulder expecting to get next to the truck, just as they too moved into the shoulder :(. Think I stopped within a few inches of their rear bumper. Might have a dashcam video saved somewhere. Will try to find it.

Way too many to remember. The worst was at speed in the left lane of a tollway when an F-250 in front of me slammed their brakes to avoid something in front of them. I pushed my OEM brakes for what they were worth, and realized I wasn't going to make it. Swerved into the shoulder expecting to get next to the truck, just as they too moved into the shoulder :(. Think I stopped within a few inches of their rear bumper. Might have a dashcam video saved somewhere. Will try to find it.

crazy, I can only imagine. I kinda laughed at your response because it's true; but at the same time dangerous and serious as hell.

The first day I received the car I decided to go to the gym and the parking lot has a really wide right off the main street; I thought I could take a sharp right and sure enough between the no power steering and the speed I was going I did not calculate things right and got really close to the curb while trying to brake reducing speed. And this was my first day with the car couple months ago when I first received it.

Between the no power steering while turning, trying to reduce speed pushing the brake, and trying not to hit that curb was a eye opener.

Last edited:
Quick update, finished friction discs arrived in the shop and passed QC on Wednesday and we are starting to do assemble and safety wiring. Look for emails with shipping quotes and we can get the finished sets heading out as soon as shipping invoices are paid. Thanks again for the support and opportunity to service the Roadster community with these great parts.

Dave

Reactions: jason.tv and Tex EV
Quick update, finished friction discs arrived in the shop and passed QC on Wednesday and we are starting to do assemble and safety wiring. Look for emails with shipping quotes and we can get the finished sets heading out as soon as shipping invoices are paid. Thanks again for the support and opportunity to service the Roadster community with these great parts.

Dave
Can't wait! Thank you for supporting us roadsters throughout all these years!

I can't wait to see them with my own eyes. But here are pictures. Thank you so much Dave!
upload_2020-5-28_6-12-58.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-28_6-12-58.jpeg
    upload_2020-5-28_6-12-58.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: drewski