Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors, NEW batch for 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was OEM. I bought it from someone who had a spare lying around and he wanted to get rid of it ASAP. Hence he sold it to me at the same price he bought it for in 2012...around $1500. It was pristine. Even still had the Tesla sticker and item number; he had the original receipt too.

He got a good price, according the Web Archive

Though it does say the $2,500 includes installation, people on the Sound Reduction thread have said they were charged additional installation for both Stage 1 & Stage 2 purcahses, even though the archived pages say includes installation too.

• Helpful
Reactions: ra88it
@titaniumdave
I have your rotors and the AX6 but I don't autocross and was thinking of 'downgrading' to 1521 or GS-1 to have better initial grip on street driving and less dust?
Worth it and if so what model should I order?
Neither have Tesla listed on their sites :)
Thanks!

Look for Lotus Elise fitment.

G-LOC model # are:
  • GP491L-GS-1 - fronts
  • GP109L-GS-1 - rears
Worth it or not is a personal decision

Reactions: Roadrunner13
I Hello.

installed the brake rotor. Braking distance is reduced. It is a good feeling in the middle. Thank you very much.

Noguchi.

Attachments

• 768A9725-E671-4222-AF41-BBCA9202B1C2.jpeg
    768A9725-E671-4222-AF41-BBCA9202B1C2.jpeg
    506 KB · Views: 98
I Hello.

installed the brake rotor. Braking distance is reduced. It is a good feeling in the middle. Thank you very much.

Noguchi.

did you install new brake pads as well? You would want to put new pads on new rotors as the rotors will embed to the new pads; you wouldn't want old pads embedding to the new rotors. If you use the old pads the tread or wear on the rotors could embed differently.

Also good idea to start replacing all the rusted bolts and washers around your car with new ones.

Last edited:
did you install new brake pads as well? You would want to put new pads on new rotors as the rotors will embed to the new pads; you wouldn't want old pads embedding to the new rotors. If you use the old pads the tread or wear on the rotors could embed differently.

Also good idea to start replacing all the rusted bolts and washers around your car with new ones.

I also replaced the brake pad.
FERODO DS2500.

Attachments

• 1B86042A-25B4-49AD-B75E-D1072BFD26F7.jpeg
    1B86042A-25B4-49AD-B75E-D1072BFD26F7.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: jason.tv