Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors, NEW batch for 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,
I have been making Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors since 2015. We have 100 cars on the road with these rotors with drivers reporting shorter stopping distances and better braking response. Here is a quick overview of the product I have been making:

Quick Spec's of the custom 2 piece rotor we're making:

a) 2 piece design - Aluminum Nickel plated inner hat with cast iron outer rotor ring.
*Allows for even heat distribution across the iron brake friction disc. Less chance of warping.
*Inner aluminum hat reduces weight by 10 lb. at the wheel it's called "unsprung" weight. Benefits include quicker acceleration, quicker braking, and quicker response from the suspension.
b) Slotted brake rotor / disc
*This helps clean the brake pad by scraping of foreign particles / debris.
c) Metal treatment to prevent corrosion
*The inner aluminum hat will be coated with a nickel plating
*The outer steel brake disc will have two metal treatments performed. The first will be using a process called FNC which is the same metal treatment process that Chevy uses on the Volt to prevent rust on the discs. The second will be a black oxide coating, this gives a black / anodized look to the rotor and also protects it from corrosion. Both these treatments have shown to help improve performance of braking under wet conditions/rain. The FNC is a stronger treatment than black oxide alone and penetrates into the iron.
d) The inner aluminum hat will be coupled to the steel rotor using a total of eight 5/16" (grade 5) fasteners. These fasteners will be safety wired for extra protection.

Here are the previous threads about the rotors for background:
Custom Aluminum Rotors - A possibility
Now Shipping: Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors

At this time I am starting a small batch of 15 Roadsters rotor sets. At this time I have the aluminum hats and fasteners are finished and ready to have the friction discs installed. The friction discs are on order and should be finished in 3 weeks. I have commitments for 7 of the 15 sets at this time and I am taking payment to secure purchases. I am expecting to have full sets assembled and ready to ship by the middle of May since some of the parts are already finished.

Cost is $1795 for a set of 4 rotors. I am offering 2 different G-Loc brake pads with the rotors sets to maximize the performance of your Roadster, R-6 in an aggressive compound designed for higher temperatures, GS-1 considered a high performance street compound. Either set is $320 for a 4 wheel set and can be shipped with the rotor sets.

If you are interested, please e-mail me([email protected]) the following info so I can start to create a new list:
1) Name
2) Mailing / Delivery Address
3) Phone / Contact Number
4) Email Address
5) Would you like G-Loc brake pads? [Yes/No] If Yes, R-6 or GS-1 compound.

Please post on this thread to keep bumping it up so we can get these going as soon as possible.

Reactions: hcsharp
Here is an image from the batch we made in 2018.
Tesla rotor assembly.JPG

Attachments

• Tesla hats.JPG
    Tesla hats.JPG
    372.6 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: hcsharp
A quick follow up. I now have payment on 7 sets so we are almost 1/2 sold out on the batch of 15. At this time we are still on schedule for a May ship date, I hope my supply chain stays in tack long enough to keep this order on track.

Stay healthy out there, wash your hands and be kind to each other.
Dave

Reactions: drewski
Hey everyone, at this time I have people who have expressed interest in all 15 set of rotors. As things go, only 10 sets have payment so I am considering 5 set available until payment is received. If you have emailed me about rotors, I have gotten back to everyone with instructions on how to make payment This was attached as a Word file so it may have been caught by your spam filter so please check. Let me know if you would like to get in on the last batch of these I make.

Thanks,
Dave

Hey everyone,
I have been making Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors since 2015. We have 100 cars on the road with these rotors with drivers reporting shorter stopping distances and better braking response. Here is a quick overview of the product I have been making:

Quick Spec's of the custom 2 piece rotor we're making:

a) 2 piece design - Aluminum Nickel plated inner hat with cast iron outer rotor ring.
*Allows for even heat distribution across the iron brake friction disc. Less chance of warping.
*Inner aluminum hat reduces weight by 10 lb. at the wheel it's called "unsprung" weight. Benefits include quicker acceleration, quicker braking, and quicker response from the suspension.
b) Slotted brake rotor / disc
*This helps clean the brake pad by scraping of foreign particles / debris.
c) Metal treatment to prevent corrosion
*The inner aluminum hat will be coated with a nickel plating
*The outer steel brake disc will have two metal treatments performed. The first will be using a process called FNC which is the same metal treatment process that Chevy uses on the Volt to prevent rust on the discs. The second will be a black oxide coating, this gives a black / anodized look to the rotor and also protects it from corrosion. Both these treatments have shown to help improve performance of braking under wet conditions/rain. The FNC is a stronger treatment than black oxide alone and penetrates into the iron.
d) The inner aluminum hat will be coupled to the steel rotor using a total of eight 5/16" (grade 5) fasteners. These fasteners will be safety wired for extra protection.

Here are the previous threads about the rotors for background:
Custom Aluminum Rotors - A possibility
Now Shipping: Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors

At this time I am starting a small batch of 15 Roadsters rotor sets. At this time I have the aluminum hats and fasteners are finished and ready to have the friction discs installed. The friction discs are on order and should be finished in 3 weeks. I have commitments for 7 of the 15 sets at this time and I am taking payment to secure purchases. I am expecting to have full sets assembled and ready to ship by the middle of May since some of the parts are already finished.

Cost is $1795 for a set of 4 rotors. I am offering 2 different G-Loc brake pads with the rotors sets to maximize the performance of your Roadster, R-6 in an aggressive compound designed for higher temperatures, GS-1 considered a high performance street compound. Either set is $320 for a 4 wheel set and can be shipped with the rotor sets.

If you are interested, please e-mail me([email protected]) the following info so I can start to create a new list:
1) Name
2) Mailing / Delivery Address
3) Phone / Contact Number
4) Email Address
5) Would you like G-Loc brake pads? [Yes/No] If Yes, R-6 or GS-1 compound.

Please post on this thread to keep bumping it up so we can get these going as soon as possible.
I land this Roadster come 2 May, I will be hitting you up :- P. Not joking either.

If you want a set you should act now. At this time I am waiting on payment for the last 4 sets and I have 6 people who have expressed interest in buying. I am considering these sold only after I have payment.

Dave
Hello. We will make a transfer procedure for e-mail.
Question, GS-1&R-6 and comparison with the Ferrodo Brake Pad DS2500? Feeling of use.

Thank you.
Noguchi.